Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Thanks ya'll I sure hope it all works out for you guys. Too bad someone official can't write on here & let folks know what's up so folks can plan things. Good luck...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:31 am
  

User avatar
ArloNetizen

Joined: Apr 01, 2008
Posts: 75
Location: Orangevale, Northern CA
I just wanted to let everybody know that the doctor called my daughter today and both of the tumors were benign!
Thank God! That has been a huge weight on me.

Thank you to everyone who sent vibes her way. :D

Please continue to send blunder vibes for my other daughter. She's been sitting up with her chin on her chest, with the TV on while she doses, with her baby on a pillow in her lap for 4 days and nights, but it feels a lot longer. The TV helps keep her distracted whenever she wakes and starts to think about things.

I have to admit it has been wonderful for grandma, grandpa and auntie to play pass the baby in the mean time, but man babies are exhausting!

I can't imagine twins, Larry. :P
Love and Peace,
Primula


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:18 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
Primula - Im thrilled to hear your news. Im sorry I didnt react to your post sooner, but I was trying to sneak peaks from work and couldnt read the long ones till this morning. Im very happy for your family.

As far as "does it ever get easier". As the mother of one very dysfunctional daughter and one loving and wonderful however "creative" son - I will tell you - resoundingly - NO. BUT it is worth it. Even with my agony with my daughter - if given the choice of giving up the good times with her to avoid the bad ones - I wouldnt give up a minute.

One tip about the daughter who won't sleep in the bedroom - As much as the situation is breaking your heart - remember its your house. My daughter - on one of her revolving door trips back to live in my house decided that she was going to live on my couch. I put up with it for a while and then showed her the bedroom and showed her the front door. Gave her a choice. While screaming about me being mean and not understanding what she was going thru - She took the bedroom and ended up we were all much more comfy.

Hope it all works out for all of you.
Love, REG


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:40 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 06, 1999
Posts: 1631
Location: Ogdensburg, NY ST. Lawrence
Primula Brandybuck: I realize it hard not to feel sad sometimes. Your a generous person giving those tickets to someone who would apprciate them. Not to toot my horn, or pat myself on the back. But I once got into a situation, where I couldn't go to a show I had purchased tickets for.... ( well I couldn't leave the county, or my own house for that matter. Water under the damn, but HOUSE ARREST really sucks...)

Not to compare my dilema with a health scare of your kids. Such as what you went thru... ( so you understand I'm not selfish and have things in perspective )

ANYHOW: I gave my tickets to two really great friends of mine.... And they had a great time. One of my friends, who went, was kind enough to come visit me, from a pretty good distance, to spend the night, and had a dinner that couldn't be beat. I also went thru my money jar, and gave her all my Canadian Dough, seeing I woudn't be going to Canada anytime soon, as the show was in Kingston Ontario... Not much, but enough for a tank of gas. But the giving away the ticks, and here's a tank of gas... Well they were two lovely people, I still think about today. I know they love me... And I've put that all behind me...

Did you notice I ramble on allot.. Get used to it... lol

The moral of my story, subtract the health scares, of sick kids. IS MY KIDS< > never left our bed, untill they were 12.... Two boys. Oh, it was cute, early on.. they were 4 yrs. apart... So when they were say, 2 and 6 yrs. old, we'd put them to bed, and wake up in the middle of the night, only to find them crawled in with us..... This went on till they each reached 12 yrs. old, and we had to litterally kick them outta bed... Each nite was a differant story.... Mom had a bad dream... Can't fall back asleep, and my wife would say, 'oh honey get in bed'... Then the excuses were unbelievable... but they both would sleep with us...

It was a wierd time in our lives. But I have no regrets. And I don't care what Pschiatrist, or Phschologist say... My boys probley don't remember, how needy they were as babies, or youths. But they knew they were loved... And the day came, when they were 12, and it's "you have a bed of your own. GET IN IT!!!" In a odd, sad way, I miss those days... We'd wake up and watch cartoons... I'd actually read the paper and pretend to watch cartoons... But those were the days. Now I have my Grandaughter Zoee, and her parents would kill us, but when she wakes up in the middle of the night when visiting, her Grandmother, asked her " would you like to sleep with us in the big bed"? and with tears in her eyes, she says . YYEEAAHH!!! And snoozes off to sleep.

I'm too old to imagine this. But in reality I wish I'd of had such a close relationship with my folks. But maybe I did, and don't remember. My kids are grown up, and don't much remember.... It's so hard to put into words, but it was such a relaxing time in our lives. Not worrying if your kids were out too late, or if what they were doing at say an overnite with a friends house... Safe, and tucked in, and babying the hell outta em... Enjoy this while they are so young... And I pray they're health is all good in the future...

RB


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:12 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Fall gigs WITHOUT Jay and Shelly??? UNTHINKABLE!!!!! If you guys don't show up, I'm comin' ta git ya!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:00 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1883
Location: Wantagh, NY
sorry i'm late to the conversation... just want to clarify, since i'm reading it here first...
The fall gigs normally held over Columbus day weekend have been moved to the following weekend in October???

more interestingly, some people got emails notifying them of this??
(since I didn't, which makes me more curious)

My plans are usually made on the fly luckily, so no harm to me, but i can really sympathize with all of you who book this religiously on the faith of a constant schedule.
I guess somewhere in the back of my mind is the thought "trip cancellation insurance" which I heartily used to ignore as a younger person, but as we get older, and the funds a bit tighter, and our circumstances more prone to quick changes, it might pay (for future benefit, since hindsight is 20-20) to investigate...

but i'll join the chorus here, shelly & jay, it just sucks!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:11 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
I mean that's what you get for planning ahead! :) :cry:


It DOES suck! But I'm hoping it works out!
I'll be there anyhow since it's only a 3 hour drive


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:21 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 22, 2001
Posts: 980
Location: big D, little a, double l... a, s
Larry wrote:
Fall gigs WITHOUT Jay and Shelly??? UNTHINKABLE!!!!! If you guys don't show up, I'm comin' ta git ya!


Thank you, Larry. Now here is MY big minor whine... since plans were made way ahead, if we can move our flight to a week later, my associate has that weekend off and has unchangeable plans. That means that I have to close my business for three working days. Such is the life of a small business owner. We'll see what happens.

Compared to Cheryl, Primula, and rb, it is just a minor whine!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:26 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
No you deserve to whine cuz you deserve a show. Glad Primulas daughter is doing better. In moving in with my folks, I'm not on the couch. My mom would never allow that. I'm in the guest bedroom...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:10 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1274
Location: Herndon, Virginia
I'm awfully glad I have friends..I didn't get any email, and I didn't get a postcard for the upcoming May show ticket sales. And yes, I'm a member!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:40 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
[quote="cliffite"] That means that I have to close my business for three working days.

This just keeps getting better and better. :(

And Sue - You are not just a member - You're a member who does A LOT!

Arnie - There were no official email announcements. I had seen Jimmy LaFave last weekend) and emailed Freddie (Wilson) to talk about it. In her response she mentioned the date change, and so I emailed a few people to let them know.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:55 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Posts: 393
Location: Austin
I just want to offer BlunderHugs to all.

Happy to hear about Primula's daughter as well!

I am so so sorry about everything going wonky for everyone. I find myself thinking "What if this had been the first time for me?" Look what I would miss.

After losing our band buddy in March, things still haven't settled down here. Yeah I'll throw in a little whine with my cheese as well. We almost had my Sister in law move in with us. She's an alcoholic. She wanted to come home so we moved Heaven & earth to get her here. The night before she was to get on the plane, she decided to try to end it all. She made a call and was found in time. Her body is fine.
She is in a hospital being evaluated and will be going to rehab.

Between this & losing the band member, my Hubby....my Rock... is crumbling a bit.

I'm starting to think this is just a cycle we all have to get through...together. Like maybe jupiter and pluto are lined up wrong or something.

It's going to get better folks! It has to! In fact, we must insist on it. You know the old saying: grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change......yada yada There is a reason ....yada yada. It looks good on paper, but in actual practice? Harder than it looks!

I'm so sorry about what happened Ceashel !!! It's going to work out...somehow, something good will come from it. Intend it!

One of Cheryl's cousin's songs has really lifted me up of late. I took out the human factor and looked at it in more Spiritual way. The lines that keeps coming back to me:..."I'll be givin' it my bestest. Nothing's gonna stop me but Divine Intervention. I reckon it's again my turn...to win some or learn some." :wink:

It seems to be true...I'm either going to win or learn. I admit a bit more winning would nice, but the world and life are not all about "nice" sometimes. We shoulder it together and we pull through.

We'll all get through it. I know we will.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:29 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
Stephanie wrote:
I just want to offer BlunderHugs to all...
We'll all get through it. I know we will.

Well said Stephanie, Thanks!
Hugs right back to you & your husband and SIL


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
sue wrote:
I'm awfully glad I have friends..I didn't get any email, and I didn't get a postcard for the upcoming May show ticket sales. And yes, I'm a member!


Don't give up--our postcard just got here on Friday. If a member doesn't get the postcard, e-mail or PM us and we'll tell you what it says.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Big MAJOR Bummer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:54 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
Stephanie wrote:

"INTEND IT"!



We have little or no control over the cards we're dealt, but we have total control over what we do with what comes our way. The power of intention can never be over-estimated. There is no negative that can't be transformed into a positive in some way, no matter how nebulous or ethereal. Sometimes it's just making (through intention) something that really sucks not suck as much. Positive attitudes don't just come naturally, we have to work at them......INTEND them......it's not easy, but it gets easier with practice.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group