Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic

Is America capable of electing Obama for president?
Yes we can 77%  77%  [ 27 ]
No we can not 23%  23%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 35
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:38 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Civil discourse is one of the things I miss, and so does Obama as I gleened from his second book. I think he will work to bring it back to Washington as well as he can. I can see one of his first reaching across the aisle moves as hiring Colin Powell as Sec. of defense or perhaps Sec. of State once again.Who knows?

Some personal reflections on this election if (WHEN) Obama is elected:

It will be the first time that I will be older than the president.

My identical twin grandkids that are due here in feb. or march will be born with an african american in the whitehouse. they will be part african american themselves and by the time they are old enough to vote, they may wonder what the big deal was. (at least I hope so)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Just thought we needed more color in this World. :oops: :mrgreen: :evil: :D


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:51 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
leoburg wrote:
Just thought we needed more color in this World. :oops: :mrgreen: :evil: :D
Leo, what you say is colorful enough--adding font color is just gilding the lily.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:02 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Not a problem, as I went back and edited the last 5. But I'm not going back to change all of them.

:oops: :mrgreen: :evil:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:48 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Woulda been nice if he did this for the LAST two elections!:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_ ... h_election


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:06 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jul 04, 2007
Posts: 634
Ceashel wrote:
We got home from last weekend's family reunion to find that all the Obama signs in our neighborhood, including ours, had been stolen.

Ceashel , is it possible that they took the signs recognizing the value of them ??


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
MG wrote:
Ceashel wrote:
We got home from last weekend's family reunion to find that all the Obama signs in our neighborhood, including ours, had been stolen.

Ceashel , is it possible that they took the signs recognizing the value of them ??

If this were New England, maybe so. This is Dallas. That would be a no.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 01, 2000
Posts: 134
Location: Texas
OK folks, we expats have gotten our votes sent in on time. Over to all ya'll to bring this election home. :lol:
I'll be at the US Consulate tomorrow morning early, watching the final returns as they are announced.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:21 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
Larry wrote:
"It will be the first time that I will be older than the president."

I've been contemplating that fact as well Larry. Kinda' weird, isn't it? I guess we might as well get use to it!!!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:33 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
If he's prez I'll be the same age as him. Usually presidents are older than me. I hope it stays that way lol...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:10 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
If he's prez I'll be the same age as him. Usually presidents are older than me. I hope it stays that way lol...


Yeah Cheryl, When Obama wins, you will just have to suffer through things like a better economy over time for people like you and me, better health care over time for people like you and me, a higher standing with other countries in the world both allies and not, a safer country for everyone where the president uses brains over machismo to make decisions on foreign policy. Yup, I know having to contend with someone that has been labled a "liberal" might be tough for you, but I'm confident that at the end of the first Obama term, things will be better for you and Mike than they are now. Mind you, it will be a slow process, undoing the Bush years, but it will happen. Then, perhaps the next time, you won't be fooled again into voting against your own self interests and those of the country as a whole.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:15 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
nortonkevin wrote:
Larry wrote:
"It will be the first time that I will be older than the president."

I've been contemplating that fact as well Larry. Kinda' weird, isn't it? I guess we might as well get use to it!!!


Yes, we might as well!

it will also be refreshing to not think that I am MUCH smarter than the president, as I do now. :D

The stupid demographic had it's 8 years, now it's our turn!

I hope they run Palin in 2012, I'm gunna miss Tina Fey until then, cuz I don't watch her other shows......
:D


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:26 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Posts: 560
Hey Larry, imo, Thirty Rock is way worth the tivo time. And tivo is the only way to most watch tv, unless you are into subliminal spam.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:37 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Only thing is if he gets in I'll have to watch the morals of the country go down even more than they already are. Why can't they have a dem with the same morals as the right wingers? If they would I'd vote for him...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:39 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Cheryl you will get use to not seeing 100 to 10,000 years of war. That's not how I see the 1000 years of the Lamb's Freedom being in control. But there is only one other real difference between the 2 parties.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group