Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
Jafo wrote:
Goofus wrote:
Perhaps. You seem to pick up on a little piece of what I say and run with it.


Sorry, but I just quoted what you said, nothing more.

I know people that use the bible that way. Doesn't work for them either.

Goofus wrote:
Life hasn't whipped our asses or we wouldn't be discussing this on the internet. I think those of us who can should help those of us who need it.


Goofus, I believe the same thing. Where I disagree is when people try to institutionalize it with government. Right job, wrong tool.


Find a better tool. Until then don't hurt and kill people.


Edited because I still screw up the quote thing...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:47 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Jafo wrote:

heraclitis wrote:
And again, It is obvious you are not the sharpest tack in the box but THEY PAID FOR THOSE ENTITLEMENTS ALL THEIR LIVES AND NO ARROGANT SCAB CAN CHANGE THAT BY INSULTING THEM!


Keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true. You can name call all you want, it doesn't change that FACT.



How can anybody take you seriously when you say stupid shit like that?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:34 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Jafo wrote:
Quote:
The fact is to date the entitlement systems have not contributed to the debt of this country because it has been solvent (the amount of loans back to the treasury have certainly covered any short falls of the past few years).


When entitlements take up over 40% of the federal spending, where we have to borrow almost $2 trillion a fiscal year, then NOTHING IS SOLVENT. Get it MAAAN? What does it take to get that into your head. If you make $10 dollars a day and spend $4 of it on food, then spend $28 on everything else: you are still insolvent! WTF maaan?

If these entitlements were stopped today, 40% of federal spending is GONE. Magically it would seem.



And 40% of the income. Magically it would seem. Get a grip? Or is your plan to continue the FICA taxes?
It would also leave millions of Americans in a financial bind. Who cares if they paid FICA taxes all their lives?
Jafo decrees they are worthless freeloaders that would be over valued in a free market economy!

Why haven't you addressed the fact that your free market capitalism failed?

What caused the great depression Jafo? benevolent rich people, over valued workers or greed?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 16, 2011
Posts: 616
Location: The Great Upstate!
heraclitis wrote:
And 40% of the income. Magically it would seem. Get a grip? Or is your plan to continue the FICA taxes?


Well, if you actually read what I wrote instead of just replying then you would understand.. Quote: "I will give on the tax issue and allow SS taxes to continue, f you compromise and allow people to put a percentage of those funds into private investments"

heraclitis wrote:
It would also leave millions of Americans in a financial bind. Who cares if they paid FICA taxes all their lives?


Not to repeat myself, but if you actually READ what I wrote... Quote: "The rest of the funds go back to the current ponzi scheme to pay off previous investors (what people already paid into SS)"

heraclitis wrote:
Why haven't you addressed the fact that your free market capitalism failed?


I have addressed it many times, but like I illustrated above, you are not LISTENING.

heraclitis wrote:
What caused the great depression Jafo? benevolent rich people, over valued workers or greed?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTXsKBwKiZY

I noticed no reply to the scab issue, the fact about the US being the one remaining economy after WWII, the fact that capitalism is not about human value, the fact that there have never been surpluses, about not forcing everyone to live as we think they should, about how food, clothing, jobs, and healthcare are not rights, and the list goes on and on. Not that I am counting, but apparently agnes is.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:17 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Jafo wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
And 40% of the income. Magically it would seem. Get a grip? Or is your plan to continue the FICA taxes?


Well, if you actually read what I wrote instead of just replying then you would understand.. Quote: "I will give on the tax issue and allow SS taxes to continue, f you compromise and allow people to put a percentage of those funds into private investments"


OK, concentrate. THE FICA TAXES ARE DIRECTED AT THE ENTITLEMENTS ONLY! IF YOU CUT THE ENTITLEMENTS YOU SHOULD STOP THE FICA TAXES. THERE IS NOTHING FOR YOU TO BARGAIN WITH!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 16, 2011
Posts: 616
Location: The Great Upstate!
heraclitis wrote:
OK, concentrate. THE FICA TAXES ARE DIRECTED AT THE ENTITLEMENTS ONLY! IF YOU CUT THE ENTITLEMENTS YOU SHOULD STOP THE FICA TAXES. THERE IS NOTHING FOR YOU TO BARGAIN WITH!


This is idiotic. My point was to offer a CHANGE in the above. Hello? Anyone home in there? It was called a compromise, which again, if you had ACTUALLY READ THE FUCKING POST you would know.. You seriously need help.

heraclitis wrote:
It is not a Ponzi Scheme. It is an insurance program! People paid into all their lives. You want to make it a Ponzi scheme because you want to say, sorry, we were just kidding about the benefits. I don't buy your solution!!!!!!!!! You want to stop benefits but have people continue paying? WTF!!!!!!


It depends on people paying into it, to pay back the people who invested before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

"A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from any actual profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation." <-- this is EXACTLY how social security operates.. And AGAIN read the post, I said we had to fund the promise we made.. You know, you don't read much do you?

heraclitis wrote:
I have not seen address the GREAT DEPRESSION AS A FAILURE OF FREE MARKET CAPITALISM!


Did you even READ my last post? I explained it with a video of Ron Paul explaining it. That is my belief.

heraclitis wrote:
We were the one remaining economy after WWII because the rest of the world had been blown to shit and we were mortgaged up to our eyeballs.


We were mortgaged up to our eyeballs yes, but we dominated the economy because of WAR my friend. We destroyed the shit out of the rest of the worlds economies.

heraclitis wrote:
Capitalism is not about human value in your world! In my world, capitalism is a system for supplying goods and services to the community. In your world, capitalism is about being a greedy low life who takes everything he can get and screw everybody else!


Yeah, I will just add the term "lowlife" to every other insult you have thrown at me, rather than facts. Sucks when you lose an argument and you have to refer to name calling doesn't it?

heraclitis wrote:
Nobody said food, clothing, jobs and healthcare are rights. I say, if capitalism is to be successful, it must adequately value people, not just a certain percentage at the top or even a large healthy but unstable middle class, but everybody, it must adequately value and reward people so that they can afford food, clothing, jobs and healthcare. Nobodies asking for anything for free here! If capitalism does not supply these basics to the people living in the community, IT FAILS! Like it did in 1929! It failed.


I say you have no idea wtf capitalism is. You are talking about socializing it. Capitalism cares not for the individual at all, it only cares about profit. You are confusing society with economy. Again, I and Ron Paul disagree with your statement on why there was a depression. But go ahead, pound your populist drum.

heraclitis wrote:
You might have organized a union but you are the first union organizer I know that thinks Americans who have worked hard all their lives and paid their fare share should be abandoned for the good of the wealthy!


Those are your words, not mine. You haven't even read a sentence of what I have wrote, so you have no clue what I think. You are just spewing out the hate filled radical left wing message, and getting more irrational as you go along.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:32 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Jafo wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
What caused the great depression Jafo? benevolent rich people, over valued workers or greed?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTXsKBwKiZY


PPSSSSSSTTTT! Not that I am a Reagen fan nor do I agree with the massive debt he built up....but none of those predictions came true! I love some of Ron Pauls Rhetoric. I think he is right on the mark when it comes to a lot of things. I don't think he is very accurate when it comes to money, the economy or how to value people!

Jafo wrote:
I noticed no reply to the scab issue, the fact about the US being the one remaining economy after WWII, the fact that capitalism is not about human value, the fact that there have never been surpluses, about not forcing everyone to live as we think they should, about how food, clothing, jobs, and healthcare are not rights, and the list goes on and on. Not that I am counting, but apparently agnes is.


If you were a union organizer then you are the first I know that actively insults, degrades, undervalues and labels freeloaders hard working American citizens!


Last edited by heraclitis on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Jafo wrote:
Capitalism cares not for the individual at all, it only cares about profit.


We agree!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:44 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 16, 2011
Posts: 616
Location: The Great Upstate!
heraclitis wrote:
PPSSSSSSTTTT! Not that I am a Reagen fan nor do I agree with the massive debt he built up....but none of those predictions came true! I love some of Ron Pauls Rhetoric. I think he is right on the mark when it comes to a lot of things. I don't think he is very accurate when it comes to money, the economy or how to value people!


PSSSSST, did you forget about the recession in the 90's? How about the one in 2000's?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_1990s_recession

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_2000s_recession

I say he was pretty accurate.

heraclitis wrote:
If you were a union organizer then you are the first I know that actively insults, degrades, undervalues and labels freeloaders hard working American citizens!


Already replied to this in my previous post.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Jafo wrote:

heraclitis wrote:
Capitalism is not about human value in your world! In my world, capitalism is a system for supplying goods and services to the community. In your world, capitalism is about being a greedy low life who takes everything he can get and screw everybody else!


Yeah, I will just add the term "lowlife" to every other insult you have thrown at me, rather than facts. Sucks when you lose an argument and you have to refer to name calling doesn't it?



I thought I was talking about capitalism.

I will say your knowledge of history, philosophy and economics never ceases to amaze though! Truly amazing! As far as insults, you have pretty much called the American Public a bunch of free loading parasites that don't deserve squat! (including personal insults on my family)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:12 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 16, 2011
Posts: 616
Location: The Great Upstate!
heraclitis wrote:
I will say your knowledge of history, philosophy and economics never ceases to amaze though! Truly amazing! As far as insults, you have pretty much called the American Public a bunch of free loading parasites that don't deserve squat! (including personal insults on my family)


It is amazing how much you know about me, considering you haven't read anything I have written.

Nice non-reply to half of what I have written on page 10. For example, how I explained SS is a ponzi scheme..

I never insulted your family, but if you feel that way then let me be the first to apologize.

And again, if you actually read what I wrote, you would know how wrong your parasite comment is, but that's ok, I don't expect you to listen, because you haven't yet.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:53 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Jafo wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
I will say your knowledge of history, philosophy and economics never ceases to amaze though! Truly amazing! As far as insults, you have pretty much called the American Public a bunch of free loading parasites that don't deserve squat! (including personal insults on my family)


It is amazing how much you know about me, considering you haven't read anything I have written.

Nice non-reply to half of what I have written on page 10. For example, how I explained SS is a ponzi scheme..

I never insulted your family, but if you feel that way then let me be the first to apologize.

And again, if you actually read what I wrote, you would know how wrong your parasite comment is, but that's ok, I don't expect you to listen, because you haven't yet.


I really don't care what you think! You have voiced your opinions and presented your version of history and the future. I think it is pretty clear I don't agree with you. You have presented nothing to change my mind and nothing even novel! You flat out say you want to cut SS benefits but keep the tax in place. Cutting off millions from what (no matter what you say) they paid for and no matter how you say it, is not a Ponzi scheme (although you want to make it one). I don't buy it.

You think we should turn back a century. I think we should think about the future! You say capitalism does not care and should not supply the individual with basic needs. I say if the individuals needs are not met then capitalism is a failure. You say our existence is for profits and I think that is a sad way to look at life!

I didn't make these things up. You have clearly expressed your opinions.

I think you are arrogant and insulting. I don't really give a damn what you think of me!

OK

just to be complete

The great Depression.....Free Market Capitalism created clever ways to invest on credit overvaluing the investment assets.

The Reagen Recession....Reagen deficit spending and the restructuring of labor relations (union busting, whatever, remember the great autoworker migration south to non union plants, many came right through Oklahoma, you could not get a job at McDonalds to save your life) coupled with clever ways to invest on credit in the Savings and Loan Industry resulted in an overvaluing of assets (real estate in general but particularly shopping malls...remember all those brand new empty shopping malls, they definitely had them where I lived).

The Bush Double Dip but not a Depression Recession....Bush deficit spending coupled with a massive massive investment on credit scheme in all facets of society with a particular use of over credited mortgages as dummy assets.

So, no, I don't buy any of your bullshit!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 16, 2011
Posts: 616
Location: The Great Upstate!
heraclitis wrote:
I really don't care what you think!


Yet here you are..

heraclitis wrote:
You have voiced your opinions and presented your version of history and the future. I think it is pretty clear I don't agree with you. You have presented nothing to change my mind and nothing even novel! You flat out say you want to cut SS benefits but keep the tax in place.


Really? Where did I say that..

heraclitis wrote:
Cutting off millions from what (no matter what you say) they paid for and no matter how you say it, is not a Ponzi scheme (although you want to make it one). I don't buy it.


You don't buy it, but you cannot refute the facts.. Good luck with that line of reasoning..

heraclitis wrote:
You think we should turn back a century. I think we should think about the future!


You sir, do not want to admit the MISTAKES of the past, just build upon them for the future.

heraclitis wrote:
You say capitalism does not care and should not supply the individual with basic needs. I say if the individuals needs are not met then capitalism is a failure. You say our existence is for profits and I think that is a sad way to look at life!


You think capitalism is LIFE? You really don't have a clue do you? Maybe economics is YOUR life, if so, I feel sad for you.

heraclitis wrote:
I didn't make these things up. You have clearly expressed your opinions.


Yes, I have clearly expressed my opinions, which is why it is so hilarious to hear you many times spout out the complete opposite.

heraclitis wrote:
I think you are arrogant and insulting. I don't really give a damn what you think of me!


I think you are certifiably insane, but I digress..

heraclitis wrote:
The great Depression.....Free Market Capitalism created clever ways to invest on credit overvaluing the investment assets.


No, you are incorrect. But honestly, what's the point? You never read my replies because you know they put your mutterings to bed. Shine on you crazy diamond..

heraclitis wrote:
So, no, I don't buy any of your bullshit!


With your mental deficiencies, you could not afford my bullshit. I think you need to stand in line at the brain bank because you are a few brain cells short of hostess twinkie.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
You are a politician whether you recognize it or not. If you haven't run for anything you should consider it.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: pork pie hat
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
More we learn about Ike, more we should be his kind of Republican. He knew what FDR put in place was very much needed as it still is today. There was no chance of them ending The Beast of The Fed, that produced those scraps for the people. I'll stay right behind Bernie Sanders' scrap the $106.8 cap, and tax all income over $250k. (Often wonder where that cap came from?) Would that also fund better Medicare and Medicaid?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group