Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:30 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
So, now can we (with the usual exceptions, of course) agree to focus on keeping McCain out of the White House now? I don't mean just here on the boards, but countrywide. It's time.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:37 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
I remember the Flying Nun & the bear. I watched both those shows. I thought it was funny back then how the bear always was trying to con cookies out of Andy Williams. I've heard so many different things about Obama that I don't know what to believe or what to think about him...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:14 am
  

User avatar
ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 09, 2007
Posts: 77
Location: Virginia
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I've heard so many different things about Obama that I don't know what to believe or what to think about him...


You need to explore each candidate individually. For Barack Obama if you go to:

http://obama.senate.gov/ You will be at his Illinois senate site and can learn about what he's done as Senator for Illinois.

http://www.barackobama.com/index.php This is his Presidential campaign site.

I put those Obama specific sites up there because you specifically named him. You can find the same for the other candidates.

http://thomas.loc.gov/ At this site you can type in the name of the senator or congressperson and see the bills they have sponsored.

If you want the truth about any candidate it takes research and NOT listening to the likes of Limbaugh or television news programs with a specific POV/political slant. You have to listen to both sides and decide for yourself. People are coming out of the woodwork trying to place fear in the minds of the uninformed through false claims so they will vote for or against a specific candidate. It's up to each voter to become informed and vote intelligently.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:00 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
My apologies, I mistook this for a serious conversation.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:33 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Obama has been from the south side of Chicago so he can handle any military we don't need. Unless you want war after war?
The cold was was a complete hoax, and still the Bomb exists! (so it is not over.) That will take the people, probably not from America.
But millions of Mexicans marching to our border seems like a good idea. Would we let them starve? A no there, will tell me what you are made of.
I wish I knew how to get all them Mexicans to march on our borders? I have tried!!! (maybe a blackout or 2 too.)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:01 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check them out just to see what the other side is about. But McCains my man now thanks to Huckabee & Ron Paul not running anymore...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:06 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1883
Location: Wantagh, NY
(oooh i know i'm gonna regret this...)

but Cheryl... WHY would McCain be your choice in any case? Are you just blindly wedded to the republican/conservative party? The same party that has brought this country near to the brink? Do you ever read the national news? Do you really think of what your choices are??
Or is all politics local to you, even on the national level? Voting in a McCain will do nothing to make your life better...

and i'm not sayin' who should be your choice... but you don't give any good reasoning for who you already have chosen. And I'll even say this for McCain, I've admired the man in the past for bein' a war hero/victim, and for decidely taking the middle of the road on some issues at times... unlike now when he's clearly pandering to the right!! But that ain't enough to qualify the guy for my vote.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:21 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1883
Location: Wantagh, NY
I meant to include this tidbit in my little rant above, which gave rise to my sayin' we're going to hell in a handbasket:

CBS Poll: 81% Say US On Wrong Track and i see the train a-comin! :roll:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:10 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
The only reason I am for McCain is that I don't care for Hillary & I am so very leery of Obama. McCain's sadly the only other one left so I was forced into it. I'll vote for anything but a liberal lol. How I wish Ron Paul or Huckabee had made it. Too bad Pat Paulens not stiil living...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:45 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I'll vote for anything but a liberal lol.
Cheryl, what does "liberal" mean? I really want to know your definition.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:33 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Posts: 560
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
The only reason I am for McCain is that I don't care for Hillary & I am so very leery of Obama. McCain's sadly the only other one left so I was forced into it. I'll vote for anything but a liberal lol. How I wish Ron Paul or Huckabee had made it. Too bad Pat Paulens not stiil living...


Care to explain the basis for these "feelings"?

Are you voting based on feelings?

How could you want more of the same? Bush lite?

100 years in Iraq is ok with you?

Please think about this.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:18 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
The only reason I am for McCain is that I don't care for Hillary & I am so very leery of Obama. McCain's sadly the only other one left so I was forced into it. I'll vote for anything but a liberal lol. How I wish Ron Paul or Huckabee had made it. Too bad Pat Paulens not stiil living...


You can write anybody in...I've been thinking about Arlo...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:43 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
I still want to know what 'liberal' means to you, Cheryl, because I don't understand.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:26 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
How can anyone vote for a man who says, "100, 1000 or 10,000 more years of war"? Peace is the only battle worth fighting and the only battle which can be won.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:30 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
The word liberal - to me, means - free.

Cheryl....


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group