Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

So much optimism. I hope things work out for these folk. With what the women (men) have to endure over there, it makes all my problems seem trifle. Well, almost all of them. I'm glad (if nothing) to live in the USA. I wish there was something I could personnelly do to help! Well prayers count, so I guess I'm on a daily regime. Too old for the army, never too old to pray....

My prayers go out to these people. I (like the 30 yr. old woman) pray that Bush, and Mr. Blair make a continued effort to bring harmony back to this forlorn Country. Allot of work to do, and it's gonna take time. Thinking it's time, we learn to be a patient people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:58 pm

that letter was incredible! i've heard so many reports about what things were like there, but it just wasn't the same as reading a personal account like that. i hope so much that we can free these women (and the men being repressed, as well) from this situation they're in.

you're right, rb...never too old to pray, and that's something anyone can do. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 2:12 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

while it may be a dirty word to some...CNN has been broadcasting a documentary that was filmed a year or so ago called "Beneath the Veil"...it sure opened my eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I mentioned it to my sister and she told me about a letter a friend of hers had shown her, from a woman in similar circumstances, but it was from before 9/11. She said they prayed for an invasion. She and others like here were willing to take their chances rather than live the way they are now.

Elie Weisel asked someone important (don't remember who), after the liberation of Germany, why the Allies didn't just bomb the camps and the railroads, once they knew what was happening there. Of course the answer was the loss of life among the very people that they'd be seeking to save from them. Elie Weisel is supposed to have said that it would have been worth it and they were very willing to die to put an end to the camps.

It sucks not having a good option that's easy to support without some moral qualms, but it seems to be the way of the world, still.