Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:16 pm

BlunderVirgin

I don't remember the exact date or year but know it was about 1977, maybe 1978. I was a student at UCONN in Storrs, CT and you and Pete Seeger did a concert there. It was the first time I ever saw either of you in concert (and the only time I saw you in concert).

I actually stumbled across this page while trying to find a concert listing for another time that I saw Pete Seeger live but no one seems to have a record of it. It was in a park in Rhode Island as Hurricane Bob was coming in on August 19, 1991. He had almost no voice left but he still went on and despite the Hurricane blowing in and no shelter from the elements in the park, no one left as we didn't know if we would get another chance to see him perform live again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:48 am

The Folkslinger

Stumblinn wrote:
I don't remember the exact date or year but know it was about 1977, maybe 1978. I was a student at UCONN in Storrs, CT and you and Pete Seeger did a concert there. It was the first time I ever saw either of you in concert (and the only time I saw you in concert).

I actually stumbled across this page while trying to find a concert listing for another time that I saw Pete Seeger live but no one seems to have a record of it. It was in a park in Rhode Island as Hurricane Bob was coming in on August 19, 1991. He had almost no voice left but he still went on and despite the Hurricane blowing in and no shelter from the elements in the park, no one left as we didn't know if we would get another chance to see him perform live again.

I couldn't find a Pete Seeger & me date that matched your memory, in either the arlonet schedule, or my personal one. So, If you find out any more info on it lemme know and I'll add it. There's always something left out or entered incorrectly. We're always figuring it out. But, it was so long ago... Thanks, adg