Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:56 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:

The Full Wolf Moon (or close enough)
That's an awesome picture. When I was looking at that picture I was thinking again about ubering back from the grocery store and we saw this big full moon ourselves but my picture doesn't look as good as yours so I don't know if I should post it LOL the full moon is amazing... . I was wondering what kind of equipment you used?
Carol

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:25 pm

The Folkslinger

I had to go back and check, cause I took lots of pix using various cameras during the January full moon. I especially liked pix of standing in the moonlight, before the sun came up. During the fullest part of the full moon the light read in the camera almost as bright as daylight, but with the colors being altered. That particular photo was shot with a Nikon D810 with a massive 500 mm lens and a tele adapter that brought the photo to 700 mm. Hope that's understandable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:12 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
I had to go back and check, cause I took lots of pix using various cameras during the January full moon. I especially liked pix of standing in the moonlight, before the sun came up. During the fullest part of the full moon the light read in the camera almost as bright as daylight, but with the colors being altered. That particular photo was shot with a Nikon D810 with a massive 500 mm lens and a tele adapter that brought the photo to 700 mm. Hope that's understandable.
It's understandable enough[WHITE SMILING FACE]️. I suppose I don't know a lot about cameras. My uncle takes pictures and sends them to us from Seattle sometimes and I know he uses special equipment cuz they're really good. He even puts them on cards and sends them to us at Christmas. my aunt also used to take a photography course while she was raising me and I always like to watch her using her cameras and stuff. I take my pictures mostly from my phone; sometimes they look pretty good.
I'll show you my own full moon picture. I had trouble keeping my phone still cuz I was in the car but it was a fun ride. [WHITE SMILING FACE]️Image

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:39 pm

The Folkslinger

I took my first pix of the moon back around 2012. But I didn’t have cameras really able to see the details until about 3 years ago (2017). Since then and with more capable gear I’ve been getting better at it. It took awhile to figure out how to use the cameras to get what I wanted and I got cameras I could adjust instead of the point and shoot stuff I’d been using. I’m no pro but I keep learning new tricks. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:49 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
I took my first pix of the moon back around 2012. But I didn’t have cameras really able to see the details until about 3 years ago (2017). Since then and with more capable gear I’ve been getting better at it. It took awhile to figure out how to use the cameras to get what I wanted and I got cameras I could adjust instead of the point and shoot stuff I’d been using. I’m no pro but I keep learning new tricks. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk