Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: Re: Farther West
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:14 pm

BlunderVirgin

[quote="adg"]It's hard to believe but it's been only two weeks since we took off from Florida and headed to the west coast. And after tonight's show in Folsom, CA we're heading even farther west - Back to the Islands. We've been in California for a couple of weeks and aside from a few rain showers, it's been really nice. Fun gigs in California.

We had a great time in Santa Rosa, although much has changed since I played here at The Luther Burbank Center 25 years ago. Of course, we've been in other venues around Marin County in the mean time, but it was heartening to return to a familiar place. Some of the staff actually remembered when I'd been here last time. Pretty awesome when a venue can hold on to their crew for so long. That says something.

Now we head east for a couple of hours, then fly to Hawaii before returning to Australia. We resume our tour on the mainland in Seattle next month. And from there begin to work our way back to the east coast. We're also putting together pieces of the puzzle for a trip to Europe next year. That would be a dream come true. I hope it happens.

I'm also hopeful that we can return to the original site of the Woodstock Festival and play for whoever is there, for the 50th anniversary of that event, but it's looking doubtful. We're still trying to make it happen, but the place doesn't belong to me, so there's complications. It might end up being a day to stay home and remember the good times. We'll see. Onward anyway![/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Saw you in Santa Rosa around 87. Said, "What is different about him, he walking around that stage smoother than silk." Glad bought them 2 tapes power of love and someday that you said someone would really need at end of show but didn't want tell em to buy them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:25 am

The Folkslinger

We’re on our way back in a couple of days. Been down under for a couple weeks. I’m about ready for a lovely beach and a couple of hula dancers. That or a good cup of java - whichever comes first.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:44 am

The Folkslinger

Terry - Waiting for a train. At the airport.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Enjoy both, the hula girls with a cup and of java.
Find it a little funny the perpetual date 1-24-60 on arlonet is my kid sister's birthday.

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1555129906515.jpg
FB_IMG_1555129906515.jpg [ 45.53 KiB | Viewed 27439 times ]

Last edited by leoburg on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:54 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hi Terry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:42 pm

The Folkslinger

Made it to Seattle! So far so good!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:36 pm

ArloNetizen

Nice looking house. Have a great show!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Been 90's when last did some IBEW Wirenut jobs out in Tacoma. Wirenuts were brothers, pool players jerk and 3-cushion Elk's players were fun. Always thought while driving through Montana, "DC has no clue what these people want." People agreed. Enjoy your shows.

Attachments:
arlo hip photo.jpg
arlo hip photo.jpg [ 53.2 KiB | Viewed 27093 times ]
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
Oops I accidentally killed a post by Agnes... I was going to reply, but chose 'edit' instead, and then deleted the post in order to write something, then discovered the error. Couldn't get it back. Not only that but I didn't really have much to say other than "We made it."

I actually still have it for the moment on a note pad, I can just re-post,,,help fill in a few spaces.

But yeah, I saw it was gone and wondered what happened,,,I was going to say something about it being April 1st, but I wasn’t fooling when I posted it! haha… But I had to run off and by the time I got back you already cleared things up for me.

Anyhow, here ya go…

Oh hey!

I heard

https://www.facebook.com/woodyguthriepa ... permPage=1

I remember posting a video some time ago,,,someone uploaded a video to utube, and it was really fun. I can’t find it now,,,I think it is gone,,,but it was with Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson as King Neptune and Queen Mermaid,,,a cute little hilariously condensed video it was. Adorable!

You and Nora now, how sweet is that! Mermaid Ave. was a Guthrie residence! How fun. I hope to see pictures!

It is coming up soon! You and Nora will be Adorable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kew8D2GL6DU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
Oops I accidentally killed a post by Agnes... I was going to reply, but chose 'edit' instead, and then deleted the post in order to write something, then discovered the error. Couldn't get it back. Not only that but I didn't really have much to say other than "We made it."

I actually still have it for the moment on a note pad, I can just re-post,,,help fill in a few spaces.

But yeah, I saw it was gone and wondered what happened,,,I was going to say something about it being April 1st, but I wasn’t fooling when I posted it! haha… But I had to run off and by the time I got back you already cleared things up for me.

Anyhow, here ya go…

Oh hey!

I heard

https://www.facebook.com/woodyguthriepa ... permPage=1

I remember posting a video some time ago,,,someone uploaded a video to utube, and it was really fun. I can’t find it now,,,I think it is gone,,,but it was with Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson as King Neptune and Queen Mermaid,,,a cute little hilariously condensed video it was. Adorable!

You and Nora now, how sweet is that! Mermaid Ave. was a Guthrie residence! How fun. I hope to see pictures!

It is coming up soon! You and Nora will be Adorable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kew8D2GL6DU

Here we go (Thanks for sharing!)

https://www.facebook.com/arloguthrie/vi ... =3&theater

Here are some more amazing photos. (Am I suppose to put up Parental Advisory since it is up here?) I dunno

https://gothamist.com/2019/06/24/mermai ... hp/gallery

So happy to see so many people feeling so free and safe!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:42 am

The Folkslinger

It was awesome! Fun! Weird! And better yet, freaky! I loved seeing the freak flag flying high!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk