Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: Farther West
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:38 am

The Folkslinger

It's hard to believe but it's been only two weeks since we took off from Florida and headed to the west coast. And after tonight's show in Folsom, CA we're heading even farther west - Back to the Islands. We've been in California for a couple of weeks and aside from a few rain showers, it's been really nice. Fun gigs in California.

We had a great time in Santa Rosa, although much has changed since I played here at The Luther Burbank Center 25 years ago. Of course, we've been in other venues around Marin County in the mean time, but it was heartening to return to a familiar place. Some of the staff actually remembered when I'd been here last time. Pretty awesome when a venue can hold on to their crew for so long. That says something.

Now we head east for a couple of hours, then fly to Hawaii before returning to Australia. We resume our tour on the mainland in Seattle next month. And from there begin to work our way back to the east coast. We're also putting together pieces of the puzzle for a trip to Europe next year. That would be a dream come true. I hope it happens.

I'm also hopeful that we can return to the original site of the Woodstock Festival and play for whoever is there, for the 50th anniversary of that event, but it's looking doubtful. We're still trying to make it happen, but the place doesn't belong to me, so there's complications. It might end up being a day to stay home and remember the good times. We'll see. Onward anyway!

Post subject: Re: Farther West
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm

The Folkslinger

Oops I accidentally killed a post by Agnes... I was going to reply, but chose 'edit' instead, and then deleted the post in order to write something, then discovered the error. Couldn't get it back. Not only that but I didn't really have much to say other than "We made it."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Oops I accidentally killed a post by Agnes... I was going to reply, but chose 'edit' instead, and then deleted the post in order to write something, then discovered the error. Couldn't get it back. Not only that but I didn't really have much to say other than "We made it."

I actually still have it for the moment on a note pad, I can just re-post,,,help fill in a few spaces.

But yeah, I saw it was gone and wondered what happened,,,I was going to say something about it being April 1st, but I wasn’t fooling when I posted it! haha… But I had to run off and by the time I got back you already cleared things up for me.

Anyhow, here ya go…

Oh hey!

I heard

https://www.facebook.com/woodyguthriepa ... permPage=1

I remember posting a video some time ago,,,someone uploaded a video to utube, and it was really fun. I can’t find it now,,,I think it is gone,,,but it was with Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson as King Neptune and Queen Mermaid,,,a cute little hilariously condensed video it was. Adorable!

You and Nora now, how sweet is that! Mermaid Ave. was a Guthrie residence! How fun. I hope to see pictures!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Isn't it Abe's birthday too?

Happy Birthday Abe!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:00 am

The Folkslinger

Yup :D Abe’s birthday was today.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:17 pm

The Folkslinger

We made it this far!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:34 pm

The Folkslinger

Berkeley chocolate cream pie with Jane Sanders backstage at The Freight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:36 pm

The Folkslinger

Before the gig, on bus with Wavy Gravy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:42 pm

The Folkslinger

With Ramblin’ jack at the Freight recently. Jack was wide awake, just had his eyes shut for this one. Hahahaha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Berkeley chocolate cream pie with Jane Sanders backstage at The Freight

Oh Wow! haha…

So many fun pictures

And the one up there in HA VA EE !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:27 pm

The Folkslinger

A few more days here before we meet up with the band and crew, we’re heading to Sydney, Australia. Sure has been nice here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
A few more days here before we meet up with the band and crew, we’re heading to Sydney, Australia. Sure has been nice here!

It looks nice! I bet they have some really pretty shells there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 pm

The Folkslinger

They probably do somewhere but not much right around here. They do have some really pretty reefs though, and the beaches are a study in solitude. I remember years ago, I was laying in the sand here, taking it easy, enjoying the solitude. A naked old man and woman walked up to me and asked why I was wearing a swimming suit. I couldn't think of anything to say - I was like a deer in the headlights. They explained that this was the naked people beach. Well, no one told me. And there wasn't anyone on the beach anyway, so it wasn't an actual naked people beach, just a naked old people beach - Their beach. They aren't around anymore, at least I haven't seen them. But, it still puts a smile on my face remembering the incident.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Glad you have a lot of fun after 55+ years on the road. I've had enough bottom feeding trips, hanging around Leoburg making new and old friends, and finding out the hard way who were not friends, who thought for sure would be or at least know me from jukeboxes bought and paid for.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
They probably do somewhere but not much right around here. They do have some really pretty reefs though, and the beaches are a study in solitude. I remember years ago, I was laying in the sand here, taking it easy, enjoying the solitude. A naked old man and woman walked up to me and asked why I was wearing a swimming suit. I couldn't think of anything to say - I was like a deer in the headlights. They explained that this was the naked people beach. Well, no one told me. And there wasn't anyone on the beach anyway, so it wasn't an actual naked people beach, just a naked old people beach - Their beach. They aren't around anymore, at least I haven't seen them. But, it still puts a smile on my face remembering the incident.

Oh, I think I must have missed that part when I first read this post ? :)

I think if I’d have been new to the area, like say, a dragonfly on a tree, anthropomorphized a bit, I’d have busted out laughing. Like, about something completely not anticipated.

Anyhow, have fun in Australia! It must take some adjusting, with that whole time shift thingy.