Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:07 pm

BlunderVirgin

Greetings! I have to say that I was very surprised to see Arlo's post about not being active on Facebook anymore starting in 2024. In an instant, it made me appreciate how much he has posted and kept us up-to-date on his life and activities. Those posts made me feel I was right there with him. I especially loved the pictures he took from behind the various stages looking at the seats when he was on tour. Living in Connecticut, I consider him "local" to me! I know he has his reasons and I totally respect them, but I will sure miss him a lot. In the very least, I'm glad he's keeping the account open so we can revisit when we need to still feel connected to him. I'm also glad I found his website and this site. He said that, "The Church and Rising Son Records are not affected and those accounts are still good." Can anyone tell me how I can get there and make accounts there? Hopefully that is still an option.

I'm definitely feeling a little empty today.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:10 pm

The Folkslinger

Captain59 wrote:
Greetings! I have to say that I was very surprised to see Arlo's post about not being active on Facebook anymore starting in 2024. In an instant, it made me appreciate how much he has posted and kept us up-to-date on his life and activities. Those posts made me feel I was right there with him. I especially loved the pictures he took from behind the various stages looking at the seats when he was on tour. Living in Connecticut, I consider him "local" to me! I know he has his reasons and I totally respect them, but I will sure miss him a lot. In the very least, I'm glad he's keeping the account open so we can revisit when we need to still feel connected to him. I'm also glad I found his website and this site. He said that, "The Church and Rising Son Records are not affected and those accounts are still good." Can anyone tell me how I can get there and make accounts there? Hopefully that is still an option.

I'm definitely feeling a little empty today.

Thanks.

Hi! You found your way here! FB just got too nuts... Constant ads, and suggestions etc. But yeah I can help. The Church is easily found at www.guthriecenter.org. Rising Son Records is also easy as they're still on FaceBook. I don't have a direct link, but a search for it will bring you there. You won't need to create any accounts at either one. Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It's good to be able to see you here, Arlo!
\

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:47 pm

The Folkslinger

Judy wrote:
\

I didn't get too far! I was always here. Even if there was hardly anyone else Hahahaha. Beats FB in my view. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:18 pm

BlunderVirgin

adg wrote:
Judy wrote:
\

I didn't get too far! I was always here. Even if there was hardly anyone else Hahahaha. Beats FB in my view. :)

This definitely is a lot better. I just noticed the three of us are all from Southern New England! We’re actually getting snow this weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:27 am

The Folkslinger

Captain59 wrote:
adg wrote:
Judy wrote:
\

This definitely is a lot better. I just noticed the three of us are all from Southern New England! We’re actually getting snow this weekend!

Okay I've got the right link I hope - https://www.facebook.com/RisingSonRecords/
That's where I am continuing my posts, pix, thoughts etc... :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:26 pm

BlunderVirgin

Very glad to see this alternative to FB!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:24 pm

The Folkslinger

RebPerry wrote:

This site was here long before FB or any of the other social media. It's about 25 years old now, and a lot of it doesn't even work. But, for something this ancient it's held up pretty well. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:45 pm

BlunderVirgin

Ah, well though it predates FB, FB usually gets most of the attention. I'm glad to find this (much better) forum exists!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:25 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
RebPerry wrote:

This site was here long before FB or any of the other social media. It's about 25 years old now, and a lot of it doesn't even work. But, for something this ancient it's held up pretty well. :)

LOL, yeah it was. I was on Facebook for 2 seconds, hated it. This site was/ is great . I admit I came here a little bit more when I was retired but I ended up going back to work so I'm not around as much as I use to be. I've been working for the Court system in Maryland for the last 5 years and I am really tired of it, won't be long till my second retirement.
Just want to say to all be safe out there wind chill in southern MD is around 7 right now. Arlo this is when I envy you in Florida. To all be safe!