Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: Summer 2021
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Around here (The Berkshires) we had lots of thunder and plenty of bucks... Probably all the other names as well, or most of 'em. I guess I could've called it pool moon too, cause that's where I plan to be this month (if it ever stops raining). But, I just went with the most popular name I saw. Having said all that here's what it looked like from here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/folksling ... en-public/

Oh! It is a little bit the color of a peach moonstone :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Beautiful color!
I did not know that according to the traditions and the countries different names had been given to the full moon.
It’s more poetic than just calling it full moon.:)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

cecile wrote:
Beautiful color!
I did not know that according to the traditions and the countries different names had been given to the full moon.
It’s more poetic than just calling it full moon.:)

I love that too! That people all over the world wanted to give the moon names :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Happy Full Moon!

I am not sure how visible it will be around here?

I am learning that this is a special (aren’t they all?) Blue Moon meaning it is the third full moon in a single season, and that there will be four all together. I was checking out different Full Moon names…Last year I think I called it Barley Moon, and you (Arlo) called it Sturgeon Moon. I do like the Hopi name “Moon of Joyful”. There are a lot of good ones though

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:13 pm

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
Happy Full Moon!

I am learning that this is a special (aren’t they all?) Blue Moon meaning it is the third full moon in a single season, and that there will be four all together. I was checking out different Full Moon names…Last year I think I called it Barley Moon, and you (Arlo) called it Sturgeon Moon. I do like the Hopi name “Moon of Joyful”. There are a lot of good ones though

I'm renaming it the Hurricane Moon (but only for this year). The center appears to be directly overhead (more or less), so there was no chance of seeing it this time. Maybe next time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
Happy Full Moon!

I'm renaming it the Hurricane Moon (but only for this year). The center appears to be directly overhead (more or less), so there was no chance of seeing it this time. Maybe next time.

<3 <3 <3

Maybe I will see it tonight?