Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Mid April Already
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:35 pm

The Folkslinger

And we're still in Florida! It's been fabulous down here weather-wise. Marti & I are savoring every little bit of time, cause it went so freaking fast. Seems like we got here a couple of weeks ago, but it was last November!

Post subject: Re: Mid April Already
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
And we're still in Florida! It's been fabulous down here weather-wise. Marti & I are savoring every little bit of time, cause it went so freaking fast. Seems like we got here a couple of weeks ago, but it was last November!

I remember going through New England camping out and stuff during one summer and it really was beautiful there. This was before I’d ever seen you in concert or even before I knew you were there in Massachusetts. For all I know we could have went right by your place! Somewhere in Western Massachusetts out in the country we stopped at some huge General type store (mostly because I had to use the bathroom) and I asked where the bathroom was. She was a big woman (and when I say that, I mean to say I am pretty sure she could handle herself) and she pointed and said something and her New England accent was so thick I couldn’t understand a word. I said, “What?” and she laughed at me and said something else I couldn’t tell what? I had a feeling it was something along the lines of, “Doncha understand English?” I’m like, “Okay, so it’s that way you say?”

I was impressed!

Post subject: Re: Mid April Already
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:17 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
adg wrote:

I remember going through New England camping out and stuff during one summer and it really was beautiful there. This was before I’d ever seen you in concert or even before I knew you were there in Massachusetts. For all I know we could have went right by your place! Somewhere in Western Massachusetts out in the country we stopped at some huge General type store (mostly because I had to use the bathroom) and I asked where the bathroom was. She was a big woman (and when I say that, I mean to say I am pretty sure she could handle herself) and she pointed and said something and her New England accent was so thick I couldn’t understand a word. I said, “What?” and she laughed at me and said something else I couldn’t tell what? I had a feeling it was something along the lines of, “Doncha understand English?” I’m like, “Okay, so it’s that way you say?”

I was impressed!

I was born in 56 I went to a day camp in NJ at age 6(in 62), the next year1963 my Brother and I (he is 3 years older) went to Camp at the Cranwell School for 4 wks, the next years it was for 8 wks and was like that every Summer up until 1972 and I worked there in 1975 it's last year as a Camp. It's where I fell in Love with the Berkshires and Mass. In 1974 I went to School in Franklin at Dean ,it continued my love affaire with Mass. Except for Christmas I spent two straight years as a teenager in Mass and loved it. If not for Family I would still be there, strange how life gets in the way of things . (in a good way)
I still get up there as much as I can usually around 2 times a year for a few days a time. My friends thought I was nuts, we lived at the New Jersey shore and my friends could not understand why I would go away to the Mountains when I was steps from the Ocean. I was there during the Arlo Days in Stockbridge before it became a yuppy tourist Mecca, my first concert ever was Arthur Fielder and the Pops at Tanglewood and I saw others over the years. Always wanted to get over to the Music Inn but never made it there. Not speaking for anyone but myself but the Berkshires back then was a magical place, I miss it.