Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:17 am

The Folkslinger

We're halfway thru September, the recent storms have abated, and we're preparing to pack it all up and start our next tour. It's been wonderful having a few weeks off here in The Berkshires. It was quite a busy summer and the down time following the shows at the church was much appreciated. This time of year, up here, the leaves are just beginning to turn amazing colors. In fact, there appears to be a lot of people already heading to the area with cameras everywhere. I'm another one, I guess.

The restaurants, hotels, and streets are already teaming with visitors hoping to see a little of the season's brilliant landscape. And it's only going to get worse. But, it's a worse we love. No complaints. We're fairly isolated up at the farm, being at the end of a dirt road, and essentially a dead end. No one comes here by accident. Except for this time of year when people are driving or walking around exploring the back roads, and enjoying the seasonal colors.

We've been here in this spot for 50 years having moved here in 1969. Things are pretty much the same now as they were then. At least it'd be somewhat familiar. We've naturally had to grow with the years, so there's a few new buildings, and roads to accommodate the studio, office, and pastures and we've added a few new rooms to the old farm as the kids got older. But, it seems settled in at this point.

I've come to love being here when it's possible. Although we tend to leave quite often, which also makes retuning enjoyable. We'll be back for a few days around the Thanksgiving holiday. There's folks in the office all year round, but some of us have to get on the tour buses from time to time, and keep the old songs going. So, that's what we're preparing to do today, this week and next. After that we'll be coming your way (maybe) and adding to the traffic in your area. I've got my cameras ready... So smile as we go by. adg