Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:37 am

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Yeah! Finally cooling off to somewhat normal, at least here in New England. Maybe it'll stay nice for a little bit - Doubtful, but we'll see. We still have some time off for the summer with a few scattered gigs here and there, mostly up around the Northeast. It's early this morning, but I can hear the crew working on the house outside. We have to rebuild after the old place began falling down. It's sorta like "The Jerk" where they rebuilt the old place, just a little bigger. Same kinda deal here. The last time we did something like this was 30 years ago or so when we had to make room for the kids who were growing up. Now they're bringing their own kids over - And we need space to put 'em all - At least to find a spot to sit down together and enjoy our occasional feeds. Jackie and I figured one of the best things we did was to build the cement pond - it's a kid magnet - always was. Next thing ya know they'll be hauling them in from Europe.

I had to look up that scene from “The Jerk” (and actually found it) ! Ha! Yeah it is nice keeping the character of the old place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:40 pm

ArloNetizen

Enjoy your time off Arlo. I just saw you are going to do a gig here in San Francisco with folkuke in April 2020. That will be so fun to see. Can’t wait. Will be buying my tickets in the next two weeks. I finally bought the new guitar. Got a Martin. I love the tone. Played it so much the first night I got a blister on my index finger. Oops. Bought my daughter a tenor uke . It’s sweet. They both have electronics in them already. Enjoying the learning.

Last edited by leenski on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

While I have seen Arlo a time or two! I’ve not seen Folk Uke in concert yet but I adore them! Should be fun!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:08 pm

The Folkslinger

I doubt some will be cringing as they laugh. That’s why I asked them to join the tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

They make me smile hard, I adore them.

Their stuff can by turns be oddly poignant,,,and such :)