Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:20 pm

The Folkslinger

It's an amazing thing that happens every year around this time. The colors of the trees turning gold, yellow, purple, red - Just beautiful! I was out taking pictures like I do every year, and I'll try to post some for anyone interested. I wish everyone an amazing fall this year, especially as so many of us are still not working. Winter will be cold and dark enough without the problems we've got ourselves into. But, for now - for today, it's wondrous out there. I hope everyone gets to see it live or in pictures, which ever comes easily.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Beauty!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The leaves here haven’t turned much yet, but i can see the moon rising just now on the far side of the tree branches!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:34 pm

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
The leaves here haven’t turned much yet, but i can see the moon rising just now on the far side of the tree branches!

I saw the moon as it was coming up... then it got lost in the clouds. Raining since then... Aw well, next month maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:

I saw the moon as it was coming up... then it got lost in the clouds. Raining since then... Aw well, next month maybe.

What a great segue! It’s a Blue Moon later this month!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:33 am

Senior ArloNetizen

It's kind of the same weather here, clouds, wind, rain .There are not the Fall colors yet, the trees are still green. So, no pictures for now! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It is kinda nice around here really. Open up the windows and doors kind of weather.

Still, I adore rainy weather as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:18 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
It's an amazing thing that happens every year around this time. The colors of the trees turning gold, yellow, purple, red - Just beautiful! I was out taking pictures like I do every year, and I'll try to post some for anyone interested. I wish everyone an amazing fall this year, especially as so many of us are still not working. Winter will be cold and dark enough without the problems we've got ourselves into. But, for now - for today, it's wondrous out there. I hope everyone gets to see it live or in pictures, which ever comes easily.

Always interested in your pictures and point of view. We are still warm in Texas. Haven’t seen any trees turning color yet or even loosing their leaves. Hmmm maybe slightly cooler by a degree or three. Have always wanted to go to Maine when the leaves are turning. Pictures are always so beautiful.
We need pics of the newly remodeled mountain house though and please. Have a wonderful fall Arlo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:42 am

The Folkslinger

Here’s a before (bottom) and after. Not too different. But sorta like the end scene of The Jerk where they rebuilt the old house - a little bigger.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

In lieu of having a camera

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/18/f3/1c ... 28ab70.jpg

I wish I knew who to give photo credit to, but I don’t.

So cute

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:49 pm

The Folkslinger

We closed the pool today. Winter isn’t far off. But the fall sure is pretty! It’ll be reopened in the spring! But it’s too cold for now and for the next 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wow, you guys do have some color going on over there.

Not a lot here yet but some.

Looking at all the different pictures, am piecing some parts together, a little bit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 am

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:

Looking at all the different pictures, am piecing some parts together, a little bit.

Yeah, my sister and husband drove up to Vermont, and came back saying it was more colorful here in The Berkshires. Guess there's places here and there that stand out. Overall it's a pretty good year for color in the trees no matter where you are.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:

Yeah, my sister and husband drove up to Vermont, and came back saying it was more colorful here in The Berkshires. Guess there's places here and there that stand out. Overall it's a pretty good year for color in the trees no matter where you are.

Yeah wow! Still plenty of green here but with more autumn colors showing up, and rain droplets blowing about here and there.

I love it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:17 pm

ArloNetizen

The autumn colors are glorious. We are still very green in my part of Texas. The pictures of the house rebuild are lovely. Congratulations on the renewal. It will certainly last a long while now. I have always wanted to see Maine in as the fall is coming. I’m a bit closer and now being retired am looking forward to doing some of the things I have always wanted to do. Once as a young woman and newly married I had told my then husband let’s sell everything buy a motor home, tow one car and travel the U.S. he didn’t like the idea. I thought it would be great fun before we really settled in to being adults and having a family. Now I could do it a little at a time. Hahaha oh the list, it has gotten quite long over the years.