Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: The Rumors Are True
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:53 pm

The Folkslinger

Even before I got around to letting family and friends close to me know, the news is apparently spreading. So, as this is the place for news and announcements, let me confirm that Marti & I will be married before the year (2021) is out. We first met when Jackie & I stayed at The Wild Rose Inn back in 2001. I was filming a video with Ramblin' Jack for Happy Traum, and Happy put us up at The Wild Rose Inn. Marti Ladd was at that time, the owner/operator of the inn.

Marti and I had been friends when Jackie passed away in 2012, but as time went by our relationship became more serious. And in 2016 Marti sold The Wild Rose Inn, and moved in with me at my home in Sebastian, FL.

We've been living at The Farm here in Massachusetts since June of 2020, trying to avoid the pandemic at home in Florida. Enough time has gone by and we're anxious to return home again. It's still risky getting out and about, but it's also getting colder here in the Northeast. Our plan is to return and be married between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

That's the news from here... adg

Post subject: Re: The Rumors Are True
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:19 pm

BlunderVirgin

This is very excellent news. The best to you both.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I didn’t know a thing about it until just now.

Much love to you and all the family.

<3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:37 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
Even before I got around to letting family and friends close to me know, the news is apparently spreading. So, as this is the place for news and announcements, let me confirm that Marti & I will be married before the year (2021) is out. We first met when Jackie & I stayed at The Wild Rose Inn back in 2001. I was filming a video with Ramblin' Jack for Happy Traum, and Happy put us up at The Wild Rose Inn. Marti Ladd was at that time, the owner/operator of the inn.

Marti and I had been friends when Jackie passed away in 2012, but as time went by our relationship became more serious. And in 2016 Marti sold The Wild Rose Inn, and moved in with me at my home in Sebastian, FL.

We've been living at The Farm here in Massachusetts since June of 2020, trying to avoid the pandemic at home in Florida. Enough time has gone by and we're anxious to return home again. It's still risky getting out and about, but it's also getting colder here in the Northeast. Our plan is to return and be married between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

That's the news from here... adg

Congratulations to you both.
Hope you are well. Enjoy Florida when you get there. Much love sent to you both.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:53 am

ArloNetizen

Congratulations!
I am so happy for you both.
Many many years!
Carol