Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Tablature » Name (Or Play) That Tune

 


Forum rules


Before posting here - please check to make sure the song is not in the main Tablature forum. If it is, just add a reply over there.


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: piano
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:33 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Sep 12, 2005
Posts: 108
Does anyone know how hard it is to master the piano
( I know **remember** how to play the trumpet).

Is it more than just the e,g,b,d, f :?:

Andrea


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:35 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 6517
Location: New Jersey
Well, I know it's got more keys than a trumpet.
No need to thank me, I'm here to help. :wink:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Piano want a bee
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:26 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Sep 12, 2005
Posts: 108
They have on line lesson's believe it or not!

Andrea :o


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:40 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: May 25, 2001
Posts: 3074
Location: Colorado Rocky Mountain High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwUtEEjZJ8


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:10 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
I've been playing piano since 1966. Took lessons off & on from 1st thru 10th grade. It's kinda hard at first but well worth the effort. Because I learned how to play piano, it helped me teach myself how to play organ, mountain dulcimer, autoharp, canjo and bowed psaltery. And helped me out when I took guitar lessons in the 70's. If you can play piano you have the basics needed to make it easier to play other instruments. Once you've learned how to play you can teach yourself how to play by ear like I did. I now chuck the music & do all my playing by ear. Helps me in bluegrass jams. You may also want to try learning to play autoharp & mountain dulcimer. They are good instruments to learn to play music on & may help in playing piano. Good luck with learning piano. It's a good instrument to learn on & start playing music on... :)

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+p ... =firefox-a


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group