Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:20 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Sep 20, 2007
Posts: 189
Location: Nashua,NH
Well, I have finally purchased my tickets for the Lowell, MA show and I can't wait. I will be going with my younger brother. So if you happen to see a couple of partially balding guys who look closely alike chances are it will be me and my brother. Hope to see many of you there.
-Eric


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:11 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 30, 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Lenox, Mass
i will be there for the 3 shows this weekend in july


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:24 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 1013
Location: here and there
I'm getting to go to Empire!!! I'm excited. Lake Michigan and Arlo. What more could I ask for?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 21, 2005
Posts: 1058
Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
I just got my VIP ticket for Arlo's show at the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport, CT next month! YIPPEE!!! I hope to see some of the blunder Connecticut yanks there!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:54 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Have a good time seeing the Man! :) :)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:16 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 21, 2005
Posts: 1058
Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Thanks! I have fun at the shows usual!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:26 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 1013
Location: here and there
Thanks Cheryl!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:45 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
You're welcome. from the other Cheryl lol... :)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:15 pm
  

ArloNetizen

Joined: Oct 27, 2007
Posts: 34
cheryl wrote:
Last time I saw my grandson (who is a little older than your son, Paul) he loved listening to Arlo. Didn't get a chance to take him to a concert though.
maybe some time on down the road. I'm sure your son will really enjoy the concert :)


My son always giggles when he hears Arlo recount the story when he was invited up on stage with (paraphrased): "....why don't you come up and play until we find someone with talent...."

Paul


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
http://www.stubhub.com/arlo-guthrie-tic ... 08-671067/

Look what I saw in Stub Hub. How is this possible?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:37 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1883
Location: Wantagh, NY
my thoughts are either the ticket-holders are season holders (do they get dibs on Arlo's show?), or they are crooks from the ticket office who have purloined the tickets...
Arlo, any other suggestions about who would have these tickets in advance of the rest of the world? I find the markup on the tickets reprehensible, and more the pity that some fools would pay that much (plus percentage fees and shipping costs!) and none of it goes to guthrie center or any guthrie for that matter... unless it's nora with a unique fundraising effort for the Woody Guthrie foundation??

did i mention i hate stubhub?

You do much better with craigslist, and even ebay is a better deal usually.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:47 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1274
Location: Herndon, Virginia
They probably have a lot of paid people that will be parking on the internet to snag tickets the second they become available...or they'll be physically parking themselves at Carnegie...it's the same way all the ticket reselling agencies get ahold of tickets. They probably don't have any tickets in hand right now..they're anticipating getting ahold of a bunch, tho and they'll be happy to take your money. In advance.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:58 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
Supposedly Carnegie doesn't allow reselling of their tickets. Unless they've gone to the dark side ...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:58 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Posts: 770
Location: Hewitt, NJ USA
Arnie- I was there looking for Mets tix (and just typed in Arlo G for fun to see what was out there)

You dont like Stub Hub? I never dealt with them...now I know better. I will try Craigs list or just go to Shea. Thanks.

Sue - that's what I was thinking that this person/s don't even have tix, just the prospect of tix. Just awful.

Ceashell, I cannot imagine Carnegie having any knowledge, no less sanctioning this. At least I hope not.
Reg


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:30 pm
  

BlunderVirgin

Joined: Oct 13, 2006
Posts: 16
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!
The only way you can buy tickets is through Rising Son or the Carnegie box office, which they're tickets don't go on sale until Oct. 6th.
And, also we sell them way cheaper than ticket stub.
Arnie, Guthrie Center members get first dibs before anyone else.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group