Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:14 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
https://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p ... a7#p482264

Oh Em Ji

Arlo you mentioned some Fred Soll incense a while back and I didn’t forget it.
I found some locally right away but got some only a few months ago. I don’t burn incense much because it can be a bit much. And this, by all observations is super special incense and I waited until just now to light some. Because I wanted to do it just right. (I want to open it just right, I want to take a stick out just right, I want to put the rest away just right) And I want to light it just right.

Wow!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:30 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 1076
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
agnes wrote:
https://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=482264&sid=db9b89c679a27f4fb88a0eb9e044c8a7#p482264

Oh Em Ji

Arlo you mentioned some Fred Soll incense a while back and I didn’t forget it.
I found some locally right away but got some only a few months ago. I don’t burn incense much because it can be a bit much. And this, by all observations is super special incense and I waited until just now to light some. Because I wanted to do it just right. (I want to open it just right, I want to take a stick out just right, I want to put the rest away just right) And I want to light it just right.

Wow!


Yeah The stuff is pretty powerful! I use it! I like it even when it's a little over powering. :)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:33 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
https://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p ... a7#p482264

Oh Em Ji

Arlo you mentioned some Fred Soll incense a while back and I didn’t forget it.
I found some locally right away but got some only a few months ago. I don’t burn incense much because it can be a bit much. And this, by all observations is super special incense and I waited until just now to light some. Because I wanted to do it just right. (I want to open it just right, I want to take a stick out just right, I want to put the rest away just right) And I want to light it just right.

Wow!


Yeah The stuff is pretty powerful! I use it! I like it even when it's a little over powering. :)


Oh! My “Wow!” meant, super nice. It is a real treat and I’m glad you shared about it (and I am glad I could find it) !


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:07 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 1076
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
https://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p ... a7#p482264

Oh Em Ji

Arlo you mentioned some Fred Soll incense a while back and I didn’t forget it.
I found some locally right away but got some only a few months ago. I don’t burn incense much because it can be a bit much. And this, by all observations is super special incense and I waited until just now to light some. Because I wanted to do it just right. (I want to open it just right, I want to take a stick out just right, I want to put the rest away just right) And I want to light it just right.

Wow!


Yeah The stuff is pretty powerful! I use it! I like it even when it's a little over powering. :)


Oh! My “Wow!” meant, super nice. It is a real treat and I’m glad you shared about it (and I am glad I could find it) !


Just curious: Which variety did you try?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:12 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
I decided to try the frankincense & myrrh sticks (since I would choose just one pack) :). I am curious about some others though like piñon, and I thought I saw some amber or maybe copal? (I forget exactly) and am a little curious about a jasmine stick (don’t remember if it was a combo of scents or not) just because I like the name jasmine. And while I love the smell of actual flowers (though I don’t recall ever smelling an actual jasmine flower?) I am not sure how it would be in an incense. I was tempted to try the patchouli & frankincense but choosing only one pack I went with the frankincense & myrrh.
And I was actually curious as well, about which one(s) you have tried, or which ones you like to use?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:55 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 1076
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
agnes wrote:
I decided to try the frankincense & myrrh sticks (since I would choose just one pack) :). I am curious about some others though like piñon, and I thought I saw some amber or maybe copal? (I forget exactly) and am a little curious about a jasmine stick (don’t remember if it was a combo of scents or not) just because I like the name jasmine. And while I love the smell of actual flowers (though I don’t recall ever smelling an actual jasmine flower?) I am not sure how it would be in an incense. I was tempted to try the patchouli & frankincense but choosing only one pack I went with the frankincense & myrrh.
And I was actually curious as well, about which one(s) you have tried, or which ones you like to use?


My preference is Joyous Rose. Great stuff... But, everyone of 'em is pretty good, and pretty close to what it's actually called. I find that amazing too.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:43 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
I decided to try the frankincense & myrrh sticks (since I would choose just one pack) :). I am curious about some others though like piñon, and I thought I saw some amber or maybe copal? (I forget exactly) and am a little curious about a jasmine stick (don’t remember if it was a combo of scents or not) just because I like the name jasmine. And while I love the smell of actual flowers (though I don’t recall ever smelling an actual jasmine flower?) I am not sure how it would be in an incense. I was tempted to try the patchouli & frankincense but choosing only one pack I went with the frankincense & myrrh.
And I was actually curious as well, about which one(s) you have tried, or which ones you like to use?


My preference is Joyous Rose. Great stuff... But, everyone of 'em is pretty good, and pretty close to what it's actually called. I find that amazing too.


Oh! Well, I will keep that in mind, because I do love the smell of roses!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:33 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
All this talk of flowers, it is hard not to think of this lady <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTSmDWzBhF0


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:44 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
Just revisiting this amazing cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC1oPspz3_E


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:38 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJxpst4384


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:44 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
Saturday Matinee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpszaTHqkUE


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xRlojtDdEs


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:17 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
Always worth a revisit <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ugwX8em3s


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:52 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
Air Goddess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHpwzpaFI4g


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:10 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxQIfWWpBx0


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group