Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

Post subject: And Another Thing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hi all,

I know I haven't posted must lately, but I have been reading. Hope you are all well and happy.

I passed my foundation degree with a distinction, and have signed myself up to top up for the full degree, doing it part time so should be finished 2017!

I got a part time job at the children's centre were I have been volunteering for the past year, suites me fine with the uni work; but it is delivering sessions and part of it is monitoring and creating new session, so I am up to my eyes in planning :?

Javan moved into his own supported flat at the start of the Summer, he seems to be managing ok, but I'm still trying to get some extra support in there for him.

Arlo Started Secondary school and is having a really good time, he was put into really good sets! there must be a couple of brain cells knockin about in there :wink: He is also really looking forward to the new film The Good Dinosaur, as the baby dinosaur is named Arlo. I just hope it doesn't become a thing at school.

Tomorrow Alan is taking me down to London's Albert Hall to see Bob Dylan :D I am looking forward to that just wish London was about 200 miles closer to Manchester. Been listening to Bob in the car and Arlo has got one song buzzing about in his bonnet to the point when it comes round on the CD I try and skip it. If I hear the question "so why did he stay in Mississippi an extra day if he shouldn't have?" again I may crash.

Hope everything is plodding along for you all nicely, and hope to get back soon
Me

Post subject: Re: And Another Thing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

beverleyknowles wrote:
Tomorrow Alan is taking me down to London's Albert Hall to see Bob Dylan :D I am looking forward to that just wish London was about 200 miles closer to Manchester.

Absolutely worth the 3 1/2 hours there and 3 1/2 back. :D

We were sat left to the doors facing the stage at the back, but I had a good view and the acoustics were fantastic. Most of the songs were from his last few albums, I loved it, every word was gold, just wish I could have seen a little better.

The lads sat at the side of me were fun, and though Alan sits quite reserved at gigs, I could join in with the lads next to us. Then walking down the steps out side the Hall after I joined in a little with the Busker singing It's All Over Now Baby Blue; don't know what Alan thought, but I had a great time.

Hope do enjoy it all again one day.
Thank you
BOB DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Might never be able to afford to hear Arlo at Carnegie Hall, but Albert Hall ?

Hope costs nothing
;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

and on that note, beverley has reached exactly a thousand posts!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:54 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
and on that note, beverley has reached exactly a thousand posts!

A thousand posts old,
I'm sure there must be something to day about that!
:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:33 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I have never had the pleasure of seeing Dylan in person but I heard him live, once. We were at a concert where The Band played and near the end, we decided to leave because there weren't many people there who we knew and it was all kinda slow going, etc. We left the venue which was an outdoor concert but once you're out, you're out. All of a sudden, we hear all kinds of cheering and clapping then heard Dylan's voice, singing. Mannnnn!!! We were kicking ourselves in the rear for leaving that concert for sure. I think he only did a couple of songs with them, then the concert was over so there was no point paying a 2nd time to get back in. But we did hear him from outside the gates.

What fun that must have been for you, Beverly. Glad you got to go!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hi Dragonfly, sorry you missed out. Dylan with the Band! at least you came closer to hearing that then I ever could.

I've been a few times, once I was in the first 10 rows, I think it was either Sheffield or Birmingham and the promoters were allowing the first 10 rows right to the stage, I think they were taking pictures for something, only I couldn't go as I was Pregnant with Arlo at the time and I didn't want to risk getting squashed; but hay ho.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Well, yea, we watched The Band but something just wasn't right with that concert and it was almost over, anyway, so we decided to leave to get a head start before the big rush from the venue to the parkinglots and the subsiquent drive, afterwards. We only lived about a mile down the road from the venue but it usually took an hour to get home due to the traffic congestion. So as soon as we got out the gates, we heard Dylan's voice. Mannnnn!!!! LOL!!!

And I wouldn't want to get squished while pregnant, either! Good thing you didn't go back there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Just wanted to give you all a message from the future.....

I am 2872 words into a 5000 word essay, I have way over indulged on food and drink this holiday season and it is only 23 hrs and 46 minuets till 2016!

hope you all have had a wonderful 2015 and that 2016 will be filled with Love, fun, family, friends and happiness.

(((everyone)))

love and hugs

Me.