Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:53 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
DrCharbonneau wrote:
Sounds like confirmational bias... cliquety quack goes the train on the track... just a half a mile from the little brown sack...

At least Herac and I have something to read.
Creativity is something you need.


Yes. The confirmation is the fact check. I've done it on both of you.

If you're making a snide comment about my creativity, you have a lot to learn.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:57 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
DrCharbonneau wrote:

E.G.: Goofus has never read the novel I've been writing. He won't because it is beyond his grasp, so, of course, he won't like it. Doesn't matter if an educated person can and does. The "clique master" will always be the better man.


And I dare say he never will. And it is not because he isn't an avid and open minded reader...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:25 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
DrCharbonneau wrote:
But the controller was broken. Mediocrity sank with the bank. The proletariat's hole in the wall was created and splattered with the black blood from the shotgun blast to his brain. Still he had only taken off his face and a minor part of his frontal lobes. He made bad choices. Took the life of his wife when the sewer backed up and she nagged at him night and day. Night and day. The day she baked the backed up sewage into a shepherd's pie, serving in glee with a smile then a sigh. When asked he had said it simply left a foul taste in his mouth and that was all he could take. That was all she would bake... ever again.

From then on he had half a face and half a brain. He rain out screaming into the rain. "I simply must rave! I'm partly Dave."


i am in that dark side of the internet again i guess


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:32 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
nortonkevin wrote:
Your last post confirms the attached quote's relevance. You don't know jack about any of us yet you call us illiterate? I just graduated (master's degree) top of my class at the number one social work program in the country, and my writing was so highly thought of by the faculty that I am on full scholarship in the PhD program - dual-degree in clinical social work and criminal justice. Your delusional grandiosity is outdone only by your arrogance. Why would you take exception to the aphorism, "The greatest obstacle to discovering the truth is being convinced that you already know it" unless you are insecure about the descrepency between what you know and what you want others to believe you know? And you are a "doctor" of what exactly?


I don't believe I called you personally anything. Why would YOU take exception to my citing and essentially reiterating your post? I was, as I exemplified, referring to Goofus, who claimed to have "checked up" on me. I'm a doctor of physics. Unfortunately so many great mainstream scholars have no idea of what the word means.

Anyone can find an excuse to douse someone else's light if they peceive it outshines their own. As I said, Goofus judged me by internet garbage, not by my better work. He admitted that.

I read through about half of the garbage in this so-called "story" and found most of it to be nothing original. Mostly c&peepee.

So you're going to be a crime fightin' guy. Maybe you'll be like that paranoid, hypocrite John Walsh who rants about his own [yes, tragic] loss, then gets caught dating a 13 year old? I hope not. The last guy we heard about who was touting a master's and working on his PhD is on trial now for shooting up a movie theater. Now you judge basically happy-go-lucky creators like myself as delusional when I discuss the facts of what goes on around us, yet, amid all that turmoil, still manages to shoot some silly string. Shame on you. Go arrest a litterbug.

Heraclitis and I haven't got along for basically the same reason. I think it always tends to bother me with these narcissists who adorn themselves with the title of a some great Greek pedophile or a "power nick" like "Thor's Hammer," "Damocles," or such.

I put out there exactly who I am. Unknown or whatever. Like it or don't. I'm not to be held responsible for the economy, the civil unrest in this country, the planet or the goddam thing shaking people to pieces and showing us what happens when shoddy nuclear plants get broken by a quake or tsunami. The ones that don't listen are the ones who'll be crying in their beer. I just offer some creative ideas to avoid all that.

Happy ten year long blackouts. I expect the 1%ers wll grow to 10%ers and the crime fightin' guys will be lined up and shot.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:54 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
BTW... which diploma mill is going to dub you Dr. Detective?

My doctorate credentials are my business. I have enough spam in my inbox. It's enough that the content of my more serious online posts speaks for my education. At least Herc is honest enough, albeit prehaps a bit reluctant, to admit he's a poor communicator. I guess Goofus lived up to his nick by missing that one.

PhD's in the 21st Century are popped out like Big Mac's at the clown's establishment. Usually they're half baked. When someone claims a "master's" I figure it's likely in mental baiting...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
Great, creative, fluffy story here...

Turned into ostracizing.

This is the kind of crap that probably triggered Holmes into committing a mass shooting, Sherlock.

I just save crap like this for the history lesson in the final draft of my novel that some judge without ever reading. Occasionally someone actually reads it and, yes, return with a thumbs up and a ROFLMAO. Great food for satirical, creative thought.

Hymm 49...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:44 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
DrCharbonneau wrote:
Great, creative, fluffy story here...

Turned into ostracizing.

This is the kind of crap that probably triggered Holmes into committing a mass shooting, Sherlock.

I just save crap like this for the history lesson in the final draft of my novel that some judge without ever reading. Occasionally someone actually reads it and, yes, return with a thumbs up and a ROFLMAO. Great food for satirical, creative thought.

Hymm 49...


I wish I knew as much as you.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
DrCharbonneau wrote:
nortonkevin wrote:
Your last post confirms the attached quote's relevance. You don't know jack about any of us yet you call us illiterate? I just graduated (master's degree) top of my class at the number one social work program in the country, and my writing was so highly thought of by the faculty that I am on full scholarship in the PhD program - dual-degree in clinical social work and criminal justice. Your delusional grandiosity is outdone only by your arrogance. Why would you take exception to the aphorism, "The greatest obstacle to discovering the truth is being convinced that you already know it" unless you are insecure about the descrepency between what you know and what you want others to believe you know? And you are a "doctor" of what exactly?


I don't believe I called you personally anything. Why would YOU take exception to my citing and essentially reiterating your post? I was, as I exemplified, referring to Goofus, who claimed to have "checked up" on me. I'm a doctor of physics. Unfortunately so many great mainstream scholars have no idea of what the word means.

Anyone can find an excuse to douse someone else's light if they peceive it outshines their own. As I said, Goofus judged me by internet garbage, not by my better work. He admitted that.

I read through about half of the garbage in this so-called "story" and found most of it to be nothing original. Mostly c&peepee.

So you're going to be a crime fightin' guy. Maybe you'll be like that paranoid, hypocrite John Walsh who rants about his own [yes, tragic] loss, then gets caught dating a 13 year old? I hope not. The last guy we heard about who was touting a master's and working on his PhD is on trial now for shooting up a movie theater. Now you judge basically happy-go-lucky creators like myself as delusional when I discuss the facts of what goes on around us, yet, amid all that turmoil, still manages to shoot some silly string. Shame on you. Go arrest a litterbug.

Heraclitis and I haven't got along for basically the same reason. I think it always tends to bother me with these narcissists who adorn themselves with the title of a some great Greek pedophile or a "power nick" like "Thor's Hammer," "Damocles," or such.

I put out there exactly who I am. Unknown or whatever. Like it or don't. I'm not to be held responsible for the economy, the civil unrest in this country, the planet or the goddam thing shaking people to pieces and showing us what happens when shoddy nuclear plants get broken by a quake or tsunami. The ones that don't listen are the ones who'll be crying in their beer. I just offer some creative ideas to avoid all that.

Happy ten year long blackouts. I expect the 1%ers wll grow to 10%ers and the crime fightin' guys will be lined up and shot.


Just to clarify...I did not check up on you. I fact checked some of your posts. It's easy to do. I can show you how.

Edited to say: I fact checked some of Heraticlis' posts at the same time...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
a dead road


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:06 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
we have tended to be a bit "happy go lucky" around here at times...but this has just gotten absurd.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:24 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
agnes wrote:
we have tended to be a bit "happy go lucky" around here at times...but this has just gotten absurd.


I just fact-checked the above statement and found it to be absolutely true :|

P.S: ~ I don't want my last sentence to be misunderstood :oops: My remarks are just a silly attempt at humor; I've found it has served me well when dealing with crazy stuff. I wasn't referring to Gus's post negatively. In fact, I have great respect for anyone who takes the time to explore and investigate all sides of any controversial issue. I think it's just too easy in these days of 24/7 bombardment of information, both important and trivial, to accept as fact stuff we hear or read.....especially if it seems to fit our personal values or come from a source we think or believe to be "on our side." I've caught myself using information I've picked up somewhere to advance or defend my position, only to find out later the information was BS. I probably just wanted really bad for it to be true, it was handy, and didn't take any real work to obtain. That's been the major structural problem with this thread, in my opinion, (and now that I think about it, one of the major structural problems with the national debate going on): by letting the media and the politicians do the fact checking for us, we still don't, as Arlo has said, "know anything more after thinking than before we'd begun." Also, to certain folks, a made-up mind could care less about facts.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:31 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
I am sorry for any problems I have caused.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Goofus wrote:
I am sorry for any problems I have caused.


You caused me no problems?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
heraclitis wrote:
Goofus wrote:
I am sorry for any problems I have caused.


You caused me no problems?


i don't know of any problems you caused either?

and i didn't think i took what kevin said the "wrong" way?
and thanks for the clarification...i think i was in the ball park?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:13 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
I just seem to be getting more pissy and less tolerant as time goes on.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group