Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:01 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
agnes wrote:
i am thinking that humans were hoping that gods could save them from what humans seemed inept at? but then there is the whole gods being a manifestation of humans wanting to dominate?


i suppose this can go here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXTFQzvXJI


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
I saw a pile of dead ponies
near a river turned to blood
and the baptism of a baby
in the apocalypse of the gun
and old bill, down there a'laughing
as the bodies turned to stone
he was fishin' for a souvenir
to hang on his mirror as he roams
he said, you know this river it is just like time
as he looked down at the lifeless child
both this river and time are full of turns
like a prophet's wheel or a bucket full o' guts
or a desparate hiway of unrealized dreams
then he laughed that old bill laugh
and said
your wondering why your mind came to this place
because this is a dead road to a lost world

(oddly, it seems, as I posted the continuing saga of the strange laughing bill dream this morning
into a dense thick fog?? it is like peering into another lost world world (I thought to myself)
and at that very moment I heard a big old 18 wheeler whine (jeez, I live a long way from the hi way?
very spooky? maybe it is something I am eating..a bit of undigested beef or a smoked jalapeno stuck in my craw?)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:14 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
yeah i was wondering about that too (about what you might be eating)
i mean, i been eating jalapenos just about every day (not smoked, granted)

but i come in here and....but still, somehow i am picturing the truck driver as being (or at least resembling) a landlady i once had...i don't know!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:49 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
agnes wrote:
yeah i was wondering about that too (about what you might be eating)
i mean, i been eating jalapenos just about every day (not smoked, granted)

but i come in here and....but still, somehow i am picturing the truck driver as being (or at least resembling) a landlady i once had...i don't know!


if you listen close you will hear wayside Bill laughing his ass off while you watch this little bit o Americana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGLNtZ0rEg

(the lord works in mysterious ways)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
I'm laughing my ass off too loudly to hear wayside Bill laughing his ass off. Those wild and crazy dancers were under the influence of something psychological, pharmacutical or both......but in good way. I mean, while they didn't look exactly 'happy' they appeared under no great duress.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
well i thought it was cute


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 2531
Images: 2
Location: Crawfordville, Florida
nortonkevin wrote:
I'm laughing my ass off too loudly to hear wayside Bill laughing his ass off. Those wild and crazy dancers were under the influence of something psychological, pharmacutical or both......but in good way. I mean, while they didn't look exactly 'happy' they appeared under no great duress.


Yeah, that was just my long-winded way of saying "cute." :)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
:) i did...i thought it was cute
as for them not looking "exactly happy", i just thought maybe they were a little nervous or something. that is just the way i saw it


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:02 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
Sounds like chipotle to me.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:18 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
you mean, smoked jalapenos sounds like chipotle?

or something else sounds like chipotle?

or, you think it was the chipotle?


or....?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
heraclitis wrote:
very spooky? maybe it is something I am eating..a bit of undigested beef or a smoked jalapeno stuck in my craw?)


This is what I meant.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:41 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
Goofus wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
very spooky? maybe it is something I am eating..a bit of undigested beef or a smoked jalapeno stuck in my craw?)


This is what I meant.


I smoke them in the backyard
I think it is legal but I say
The smell of mesquite and roasting pepper is quite intoxicating

I haven't been channeling too clear
old laughing bill and the cultures dying or dead
I have these dark dreams and its raining (or maybe wind in the leaves)
I am traveling in a box car heading east
I hear somebody sleeping but making sounds
you know, chasing a rabbit in his dreams type sounds
I can see his shoes as the light comes and goes through a crack in the door
but it was mostly just dark, dark with a chill you know
I am sitting there with all kind a shit cascading in my brain
typical, how did I get here? how do I know I am going east? why am I smoking peppers?
that kinda shit, when I hear rustling in behind and some cat say "got a light?"
I am like, "I doubt it, I don't smoke nothing but peppers and that's in the back.."
I stop because sure enough there were matches in my pocket..
I hand the pack over and he lights a candle
before me is one D.C., a man who smelled like a crushed out cigarette
and he had a day or two of traveling stubble on his chin
he said you ever been down to Natchez, I am going to Natchez
I gotta do some advance stompin' for a show or two
I watch him search all through his crap there of pressed vinyl and placard board
He says, "got's to carry my own board 'cause them local printers rarely meet the need."
Just then bill makes a hell of a noise rolls about
DC says sounds like he might catch that rabbit!
I roll over myself and drift off into sleep


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
hi heraclitis


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:09 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
agnes wrote:
hi heraclitis


no, I haven't been hi in a bit
strange dreams though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paEQc668kY4


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:16 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
i meant hi as in a greeting


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group