Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

.....it was like two and a half years later.........I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:16 pm

and remarkably the song playing was an incident of transmorgoric field effective transmutalation. (day ja view). The crew had become exhausted with all the billions and billions of hamburgers sold and wondered if that was at all of the restaraunts combined or just that particular one.

The Captain, who was afterall a man of one dimension, was feeling a bit peckish. "Bagels and strawberry cream cheese....hmmmm, that sounds delicious."

An alarm went off at Mr. Tuck's console. Scanning the read out quickly he said, "It's nothing Captain. Just a time distortion. Harmless unless you'd like to think otherwise."

Mr. Lulu and Mr. Checkup were both back from leave and had settled into their command positions. All reads outs were normal. Not even a hint of trouble.

"Dave?"

"Dave's not here," responded Checkup.

"No man! This is Dave. Let me in!"

"Dave? Dave's not here," quipped Lulu. Turning to Checkup he smiled, winked and continued. "Let's tell him we already got one."

"Ummm. We already got one ya know." belched Lulu.

"Your voice sounds funny. You're not from around here are you?" queried the diembodied voice that only Lulu and Checkup were hearing. Lulu got an even bigger grin and nodded to Checkup who responded.

"We're Fwench! Why else do you think we speak with such outrageous accents?" And the voice went away as quickly as it had arrived.

"Probably that time distortion thing Tuck responded too, eh?" munched Lulu.

"Are you two going to keep talking amongst yourselves or do you intend to share it with everyone else on the bridge or are you the caterer or the man that's come to tune the piano?" suggested the Captain not sure of what he had said or why he had said it and if this is Tuesday it must be Belgium.

Suddenly the familar swoosh of the Burpolift sounded and Scotchy enter the bridge in a rather urgent fashion. "Cap'n the disodium crystals are breakin' doon!"

"Why couldn't you have called me on the com? It would've been faster." spoke the Captain. "What do you suggest we do, Scotchy?"

"If I may interpose here Captain, I believe our best course of action would be to plot a course to the nearest disodium mining colony." reflected Tuck. "Some new crytals should help to stabilize the ones we have at this moment. After all the travel we've done the crystals themselves are starting to deteriorate."

"Lulu, plot a course to the nearest disodium mining colony," orated the Captain.

"Course plotted. Shall I execute?"

"Yes"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:52 pm

The ship moved off towards the nearest mining colony. Having been in time where they had been before all of the previous silliness was avoided handily this time around 3 o'clock. Scotchy still had a worried look on his face. Tuck, being his ever resourceful self went to his console and brought up an old Earth recording by a singer near and dear to Scotchy's heart - Olra Eirhtug (it's all done with mirrors) - performing "Walking Down the Line" on an old Earth video broadcast.

"Walkin' down the line
my feet will be a flyin'
Tell you 'bout my worried mind boys,
Tell you 'bout my worried mind.."

Scotchy's countenence brightened, as did the rest of the crews. In all the adventures previously confronting disco, metal, rap, crap and who knows what else kind of music it was like a breath of fresh terran air. Immediately after the third verse the general alarm went off on all the bridge consoles indicating someone or something had penetrated and/or otherwise entered the ship. The crew's cat llike reflexes kicked in as they leapt into action.

"What is it?!" queried the Captain having just ingested the last of the bagels and strawberry cream cheese.

"The readings are a bit imprecise. It appears to be at least one life form, but the readings seem to indicate that there are multiple beings as well. I believe the recent time distortion event before we set off for the mining colony may be the cause for the confused readings." opined Tuck effciently.

"What's the location, Tuck?" burbled the Captain sounding a bit concerned since the bagels were gone.

"Well, Captain, it appears that...."

A being appeared in mid sentence on the bridge. Pleasant looking with a faint glow it appeared to be some sort of androgynous life form. So stunned were the usually alert security officers that they didn't even bother to raise their phasers. The being did not speak immediately, but rather seemed to survey the bridge and those there. The Captain made a gesture to security to hold on raising phasers as he glanced quickly at YooHu. She nodded in response and started to patch in the UT.

"That will not be necessary," intoned the being calmly.

"Who are you and why are you here?" queried the Captain in like manner which was TOTALLY out of character for him of all people.

"I am Nobody. I mean you no harm and my only intent is to assist you in however I may." At that moment 4 more similar beings appeared. Although this startled the crew they still did not take an offensive stance.

"Who are these others with you?" Tuck inquired. "Also, you are here which would indicate that you are indeed somebody."

"He's Nobody, I'm Somebody," spoke the 2nd being from the left.

"If anyone else shows up," smiled Lulu to Checkup, "I'm out of here."

"This is Anyone right here on my right," said Nobody.

"Looks like everyone is here," quipped Scotchy in a somewhat woefully sarcastic tone.

"No, Everyone is still monitoring the situation from our ship," said Somebody. "And this is Someone," as s/he pointed to the one between it and Somebody.

"Will somebody tell me what's going on?" cranked the Captain getting a bit confused.

"Yes, I will answer any and all of your questions," remarked Somebody. "Let me begin by saying we have monitored your ship as it travelled through the last quadrant and discovered that your power source is in an extrememly depleated state. In fact, it is much worse than you have supposed which is why we have come. The time distortion you experienced caused an error in your ships monitoring systems. You would not have made it to your destination if we had not intervened to assist you."

"Aye! The disodium crystals are breakin' doon," nodded Scotchy regaining that worried look on his face.

"And I believe Someone can help you with your situation. You see, we are a race of individuals who have made it our mission to aid all those who we find to be in distress. In fact, we find great fulfillment in doing so. It's not something Everyone likes to do which is why he is not here with us," spoke Somebody with a slightly bemused grin sensing the confusion their names were having on the crew.

"Anyone can say that somebody is able to help everyone, but we need demonsrative proof that someone can," said the Captain.

"I didn't say anything," whispered Anyone to Nobody.

"As I said, Everyone is not here, but Someone is and Nobody can help you and your crew," answered Somebody.

"But I thought you said that your people find fulfillment in helping and now you're saying nobody can help," muttered YooHu.

"That is correct. Nobody can," interjected Someone. "Unless you'd like Somebody to help you."

"If don't care who helps as long as somebody does," cried Scotchy who had been moved to dispair hearing of the ships dire circumstance.

"That settles it then," said Nobody. "Somebody will help you. If you would like to accompany him to the containment where the crystals reside, he will make the necessary adjustments and replenish your power source."

"Is anyone else coming to help?" said Scotchy with a faint sob in his voice.

"Yes, Anyone will help. It will be a somewhat difficult though not impossible repair. Excuse me, Everyone is signalling."

"I didn't do anything!" blurted Lulu.

"Me neither!" said Checkup.

"I believe he is referring to the entity who has been monitoring our situation," intoned Tuck, fascinated by the whole discourse. "I would like to accompany Someone also. Does anybody object?"

"Anybody would encourage you to do so if she were here," said Nobody. "She is always looking to provide those we help with a feeling of calm in stressful situations. She would not object, as would NoOne who Everyone has signalled is, as you say it, transporting to the power source containment area as we speak."

"I didn't do anyting!" protested Checkup looking at Lulu who just shrugged.

"Don't look at me!" exclaimed Yoohu. "I didn't signal anyone either."

"I thought she winked at me," said Anyone to Nobody.

"If no one is going to help, how will we solve this problem with the crystals?" asked the Captain.

"NoOne is essential to the repair of your ships power source. Somebody will need Anyone for the main repair, but NoOne will provide the necessary assistance in a related system by controlling flow density while Everyone monitors the progress of the repair." assured Nobody.

"As long as it works, I have no reservations," moped the Captain, realizing that dinner was indeed going to be late again. With that the beings along with Scotchy and Tuck proceeded to the engineering area to affect the repair.

Last edited by Ron on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

(it would seem that the FedEx guy finally delivered that package from Columbia that Ron was waiting for!) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Arlo Fanatic

(you mean to say that ron has been playing the records in reverse?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
(you mean to say that ron has been playing the records in reverse?)

More like up on end with the needle on the thin part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:08 pm

The Burpolift belched open in the engineering area. Tuck, Scotchy and the Beings (it's so much easier than saying all their names) got out and headed for the disodium crystal containment area. NoOne immediately went to the nearest flow control console. Surveying it quickly s/he arrived at a portion of the problem.

"The operational transconductance amplifier has a negative reading!"

"That's not possible!" exclaimed Scotchy. "I checked that out myself. In fact that's how I knew the crystals were breakin' doon."

"If NoOne says there's a problem you can be assured that the information is accurate," replied Anyone calmly.

"Well, he said there WAS a problem. Will somebody please explain?" said Scotchy getting that worried look again.

"Well, you see," began Somebody, "the time distortion event the ship passed through caused a temporal shift in the OTA's readings. While what you thought you saw was indeed an indication of probable disintegration of the crystals, the rate was erroneous. It was in fact in error by a factor of 3.81."

"Fascinating! You see, Mr. Scotchy, you did indeed get a reading of the crystals failure, but the state that they were in was much worse than the readings suggested," expounded Tuck.

As Somebody and Anyone headed for the console next to the containment access portal NoOne was making the necessary adjustments to the instruments in the OTA console. Somebody and Anyone busied themselves in removing the crystal flow control cover to make the adjustments needed there. Somebody called to Tuck and Scotchy, "Would you two be able to remove the corresponding portal cover adjacent to the asynchronous transfer mode control console?" Responding in the affirmative Tuck and Scotchy did just that.

"Does someone have a spanner handy for us to use?" queried Scotchy, happy to be doing something that appeared to validate his job as head of engineering.

"Why would you need a Spaniard?" asked Tuck curiously.

"I thought he said spaniel," said Anyone.

"Someone did not join us," replied NoOne, ignoring Tuck's misinterpretation of Scotchy's question. "I believe I have what you need here Mr. Scotchy." he continued, tossing a wrench over to him. In short order Scotchy removed the cover with Tuck's help.

"Mr. Scotchy, proceed to adjust the sample rate converter to a value of 6.2," said Anyone. While Somebody and NoOne altered the controls in their areas there was a brief surge in the power coupler readings. After stabilizing, all the console readings returned to normal. They were successful. The crystals were starting to regenerate. After replacing the access covers the five returned to the bridge.

"Well, gentlemen, what is our situation?" inquired the Captain feeling much better after a bit of toast with peanut butter.

"The crystals are regeneratin'," replied Scotchy, beaming now as though he had not a care in the universe.

"You will still need to get to your destination for crystal replenishment, but you will have more than sufficient power to do so now," stated Nobody. "And with that we must leave you. Everyone has just signaled me of another vessel that is in need."

"I didn't DO anyting this time either," drooled Checkup to Lulu.

"Me either!" coughed Yoohu.

"Not to worry Mr. Checkup, Mr. Yoohu. I'm sure Tuck will explain everything to you after we leave," expunged Somebody.

"It will be a pleasant task," assured Tuck and with that all five disappeared as quickly as they had arrived.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:36 am

Arlo Fanatic

And 10,000 eons ago lots of us showed up on earth as humans to save the space, or universe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

scotchy turns to the others and says, "shhhh, quiet...do you hear that?" the others turn their heads straining to pick up something unfamiliar in the silence but the only sound is scotchy's humming an ancient but familiar tune...

"yes, yes i hear it!" yoohoo-ya says for she has the best hearing of them all, "i am picking it up but it is not coming from the intercom, but coming from the ship itself!"

"aye!" scotchy says

"I am referencing all the earth's libraries for the word 'choochy'...says tuck

"aye mr tuck!...that's it!...'you're my little choochy face! my choochy woochy woochy little choochy face...you're the apple streudel of my eye!'...
...hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hm-hm-hm hm-hm-hm-hm-hm-hm-hm-hm-hm-hm-hmmm-hm....
aye..the ship, she is running so well, she is not just humming, she has broken out into full song!"

...just then (suddenly and without warning)....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 pm

ArloNetizen

Location: Eastern North America from Key West to points north
Over the ship's quadraphonic sterio sound and intercom system came the plaintive wail of...Bagpipes! Yet oddly the tunes were recognizable as related to early folk songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Folk songs indeed they were, but in everyone's mind arose the VERY SAME QUESTION. Whose folks' songs were they? Logically Mr. Tuck started researching the ships database to see if an answer could be lost and found through trial and error that went in one ear and gone tomorrow.

"My father used ta play the 'pipes," spoke Scotchy in a near dreamlike trance as one could understand seeing as how there were bagpipes playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:26 pm

ArloNetizen

Location: Eastern North America from Key West to points north
Lowly and gently at first almost inaudible a voice came rising in concert with melodies. A strong womans' voice sounding very much like a young Joan Baez, and the songs were of strife and difficulties of the common working people....

Post subject: Re: Star Trip: Blunderer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Low and sweet indeed. The words were hard to make out, but no one really wanted to make them out anyway. The melody was sublime with the interacting harmonies even more heavenly. It was like one of THOSE moments when, mesmerized or distracted (you pick), one gets caught up in something that is just beyond.

Yes, strife and difficulties, but wrapped in the most unique and wondrous melody - no this is not a repeat.

Tuck, however, was not as taken as the others on the bridge. That was not to say he did not appreciate the musical arts as he too was caught up by the song - not a thoroughly as the rest of the crew. Slowly an uneasy feeling began to creep into his thoughts. Most unusual he thought. You see, being the logical person he was unease was a foreign concept. Intellectually he knew what it was, he just did not experience it in the same way you and I might. Suddenly an alarm sounded from his console...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

All this proves that in blunderland, the road goes on forever and the story never ends. Len? :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Len, dang it, you sidetracked the story. :) No worries, the Blunder crew will carry on I am sure. Right Larry????