Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic

Are we better off in this decade than we were during the Sixties?
Yes, I love the world the way it is. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
No, I want to go back to the 60's and start over. 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
It is still the same, messed up. 67%  67%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 18
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:09 pm
  

I really enjoyed the shows I saw but he was so messed up he made mistakes and laughed like it was funny, it kind of pisses you off a 50 bucks a ticket, but I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything. CSN was good too, hell, I even enjoy a Buffet concert once in a while.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:19 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2493
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
Tom D wrote:
I really enjoyed the shows I saw but he was so messed up he made mistakes and laughed like it was funny, it kind of pisses you off a 50 bucks a ticket, but I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything. CSN was good too, hell, I even enjoy a Buffet concert once in a while.


Like Agnes said that Zap said:

WTF??


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:17 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
I remember boy howdy. It was some kinda beer they used to advertise in Creem magazine. I dunno if they still print that mag. I haven't seen it in yrs...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:44 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Oct 04, 2005
Posts: 681
Location: Clintondale, NY
It always took three or four songs for Jerry to warm up.

Were you expecting to hear replications of albums?

kurt...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:35 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
jerry had his good and bad days for sure, it was usually best when he was smiling, and they were a noodlin bunch so they had to feel their way a bit before they clicked

but

back to the epic quest for the great unknown

Let's look at what has been accomplished in the last thirty to forty tears that will contribute to the survival of humans (i think the planet will be around for awhile whether humans do is still questionable to me?)

so lets see
I'm thinkin'
hmmm ??????????
man this is tough
wait i know, no
ssssiiigggghhhh!!!


you know Santorum is running for Senate again here and i finally saw an add on tv and he was talkin about how he is ending our dependence on oil by supporting corn to ethanol

now i am sitting here going corn to ethanol???? what the hell good is that, corn is a hell of an investment and to grow vats of yeast with it to burn ethanol in cars, oh my god, Rick think big son, harvest the corn and learn how to turn all the stocks and waste into ethanol, cellulose is just full of potential (energy) man???, that would be cool man. then if you still wanted to burn the corn feed it as corn into electrical generators, those furnaces burn hot enough to capture the energy efficiently

course he has the corn farmers vote anyway i suppose

we do have the technology to strip all that crap out of the air as we make energy, we just spend all our money on war so we can not invest in a clean future, right

and there is no end to hatred, i see it all around, and we are still keepin' the niggers down, well, off to work in tall buildings
Is it me??????


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:55 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
of course with all that extra yeast around PA could become the Vegamite capital of the world and if we add sugar or fruity flavors to it (louise is cringing now) maybe we could market it in America, even those funny non metabolizable sugars like Splenda, maybe those would be good in it

ya go Rick go, support them tax breaks to invest in more fermentation equipment in the name of HOMELAND SECURITY


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:09 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
now i am stuck here sorting it

the energy required to make fertilizer and bug spray
thenergy required to spread the seed
the energy required to harvest and separate the corn
the energy required to haul it to the fermentor (make'em big rick, i think that is better thana bunch of little ones but maybe we should commision a team to investigate)
the energy to brew the beer
distillation energy (how much heat is required to separate alcohol from water)
then process the yeast
sweeten with cornsyrup (synergy oooooo)

I don't know, got to cogitate on this one for a bit


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:12 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Oct 04, 2005
Posts: 681
Location: Clintondale, NY
Heck, think REAL big! Take the sewage plants and bottle the methane! Sewage plants that pay for themselves!

kurt...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:03 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X ... ei&spell=1

Hey I actually did my PhD on that. Syntrophomonas wolfei is the rate limiting organism in the conversion of sewage to methane. I was so idealistic back then!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:48 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
PSBeaty wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=p+s+beaty+syntrophomonas+wolfei&spell=1

Hey I actually did my PhD on that. Syntrophomonas wolfei is the rate limiting organism in the conversion of sewage to methane. I was so idealistic back then!


Geesh, PS! I didn't know you were into that s#*t!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:45 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
That was during my Rumen Fluid Blues period.

It makes great stains
Above the autoclave
and smells waft out
that will clear the whole place

(to the tune of train to laugh)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:37 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
Or maybe "Milk Cow Blues"? Or "I Heard It Through The Bovine"? I cud believe that! Or whatever behooves you! I'd better steer my way out of this and be moovin' on. I've pretty much milked this subject for all it's worth. I'll not udder another word becows I'll get in trouble.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:34 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
fired up this morning huh Zap, Testosterone / epitestosterone ratio must be greater than 4!

must be playing tonight?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:53 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
must be a testi/epi demic


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:38 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
PSBeaty wrote:
fired up this morning huh Zap, Testosterone / epitestosterone ratio must be greater than 4!

must be playing tonight?


Nope, I'm not into bicycle racing! Blame it on too much Orsen Bean growing up! But yep, I'm giggin' at Goomba's in Granby tonight & next Saturday. Yummy cal zones! And the epicenter of getting weird stuff in my tip jar.
(Shameless self-promotion) www.goombasjam.com
Click on the music schedule. I'm booked as "Special Guests" tonight. Guess it's my multiple personality disorder.

Oops! There I go, again. Loosin' the topic. Well, it's sort of related....Woodstock, farm, cows, music & cyclists on dope! See? Everything's connected!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group