Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

 


Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:55 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Good luck to Sparky & RB with the heatwave etc & health problems etc. Mikes cousins hubby has COPD & it makes the heat unbearbale for him. Sat it is supposed to cool down. Tomorrow we leave for almost 3 weeks for our annual trip to Mikes sisters in Columbus, OH. Should be fun. We're staying a few days longer at Hawks Nest state park in WV on the way up & stopping off in Natural Bridge for a coupla days cuz my folks will be going with us on that part of the trip. My folks are getting their bedroom painted & don't want to smell the fumes & I got my mom intriuged about Hawks Nest state park since we were raving about how much we enjoyed it. We'll have my moms Windows XP laptop with us so we'll be keeping up with what's going on here in Bludnerland. Have a safe day in the heat kids... :)


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:16 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jul 31, 2005
Posts: 814
Location: nearby Frankfurt, Germany
You all must have the heat wave we had for a few weeks over here which finally went away 4 days ago. It is terrible specially when one has health problems. I was so lucky to go on a 12 days vacation to the North Sea in Denmark, just around the corner from Tonder, where Arlo is going to play at the Folk Festival. It was wonderful and there at the ocean the heat is takeable (bareable?). I wish I could have gone like I planed during the time of the festival and see Arlo perform. But at least I got to see Tonder and the island of Romo. Arlo, you need to go there to the beach of Lakolk. You can even drive to the waterline with you tour bus and go for a swim. Never seen a beach where everybody could go to with their cars. But follow the route through the sand, not like I did straight ahead. Got stuck in the sand with my car and it took 5 nice people to get me out again.
Hopefully the heatwave will break and give you cooler air to breath in.

Peace
Brigitte


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:08 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 06, 1999
Posts: 1631
Location: Ogdensburg, NY ST. Lawrence
Tx for the well wishes on the health, guys!!! Didn't have my aire cond. on yesterday at all..... Hot tho it was, I've been breating enough bad air being house bound.... And aire conitioned aire seems like bad stuff... Only did 2 neb treatments, all day... Hit my puffer 2X's ..... So that's about 1/2 the breathing Meds, I was used to...... Only had to take one Clonazepam, to sleep last nite..... So I would have to say, things are getting better...

Cheryl H.. I hope, you and Mike enjoy your gettaway..... Tx also, for the best wishes on the health thing....It does not go unappreciated...

Brigitte, I'm green with envy... I haven't been by the Ocean in almost a yr.... And Boston Harbor, is a polluted swell of a hole..... We never made it as far as Matha's vinyard. ( as planned) But it was all good.... I suppose breathing the salt aire would be better than the heat of the st. and the muggy aire, bring the pollution, on a down low, exposing everyone and everything. Leaving no part untouched. Even my wife, who is as healthy as a horse ( shes 7 yrs younger, and has lived a much healthier lifestyle than rb) as complained about the heat. We both noticed we cant were our rings, as the muggy weather, just keeps the sweat clinging, and your skin can't breath... ( we both have red rashes where are rings used to be.... An odd, eiry feeling of WHAT'S GOING ON)???

Yeah Spark: We've sure left a great environment for future generations... I say we,, as we've all burned a tire or two ( styrophone is combustable and people burn garbage to save $$$ ) It's against the law in the City here, and I have quit my evil ways yrs. ago..... But they have open burning in the county, and the business down the street, ( a tire store) burns a woodstove all winter, and when they are short on wood, or they burn green wood, they throw in tire parts to keep it burning... The cops are there twice a mnt, in the winter, but by the time they show up, the fires all wood...... NTM: the business's donate $$$ to the Police all the time, to keep them off there backs... ( something I should of taken up yrs ago, with the Drug Task Force)

Yeah, in the winter, you can drive around the city, and the people with wood stoves, or wood furnaces, burn thier garbage, in the wee morning hrs. But if your up at that time, you can tell the chimneys that are spewing out black smoke, and the one next door, might just be looking like hot air, or a grey colored misty smoke..... I'm not a cop caller, but as a friend says, instead of the Drug Task Force, that hasn't arrested a REAL drug dealer in over a decade, they should concentrate on polution violaters... They hurt people lots worse, than people trying to nickle dime, to buy they're kids sneakers, or pay they're taxes....

10 YEARS TODAY, and NO HIKE IN MINIMUM WAGE, and people wonder why someone would sell drugs...... HMMMMM???? No winning :(

Wish me luck...... 3 more fucking days man.... 3 more fucking days.....

Here come the Judge/ Piece out/ ramblin rob


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:29 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 22, 2001
Posts: 980
Location: big D, little a, double l... a, s
just wanted to say, rb...we're with you, man! Keep positive...keep breathin'


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:45 am
  

Site Admin

Joined: Feb 19, 2001
Posts: 1745
Location: ottawa.ontario.canada
Well with humidex it,s supposed to around 100 degrees again...in between the heat we have had some crazy storms/tornados in area,of course hitting trailer parks and campgrounds,amazingly and thankfully no deaths.
Hey rb,I wish I had pics of those cars,,only memories.


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:28 am
  

I feel for you ppl. I live in hte middle of the desert where summers are always hot, but we have no humidity. Must be unbearable. I can't imgaine the toll it takes on anyone you has any difficulty breathing. My prayers are with you.


Love & Peace to all


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:33 am
  

Site Admin

Joined: Feb 19, 2001
Posts: 1745
Location: ottawa.ontario.canada
Yup it,s the humidity that makes it so ugly,today its only at 75% so far,beats the 90,s we had...hmmm maybe if we had gills?!?!?!?!.


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:36 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
Last week I was up on my roof shinglin' in the heat, sweatin' so much my t-shirts had salt lines on 'em. Then Wednesday, the hottest day this week in Connecticut, I had to squeeze up into my attic crawl space to see why the gable vent fan wasn't going on! As Slim Pickens said in "Honeysuckle Rose/On the Road Again, "I'm gettin' too old fer this s**t!" Going back to work this week from our annual two week shutdown was more of a vacation than my vacation! Well, it's coolin' down now and the weekend's lookin' fine!


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:00 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Thanks ya'll. We are having fun now that we are here. All thet driving without stopping anywhere neat is boring lol. They have free ethernet internet here. Yee-haw. I am flying faster on her then ever. Oh man my dad is snoring already but thank God he shut up lol. Vibes to everyone... :)


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:27 am
  

Site Admin

Joined: Feb 19, 2001
Posts: 1745
Location: ottawa.ontario.canada
Well it,s cooler now :) can breathe again....
Well off to a park,catch some Carribean music..
Hiroshima,61 years ago today,,,:( Never forget,never again.
PEACE,stay safe folks!!


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:05 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
That sounds interesting. I can remember going to Puertorico with my folks in 72 & seeing somee folks playing live carribean music there...


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:29 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8359
i just heard bob dylan do a radio commercial advertising a song collection by various artists, and he starts off by saying, "hi, i'm bob dylan..." and it's sounded just like when arlo was doing the story about him impersonating bob dylan doing a radio commercial, so i'm saying, i think bob dylan was impersonating arlo guthrie impersonating bob dylan doing a radio commercial...i could just see a twinkle in his eyes (even though it was on the radio)...i know he knows what i'm talking about!!


          Top  
 
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:57 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Oct 06, 1999
Posts: 999
Location: massachusetts
uh, oh, agnes....i get what you're saying....

...i read somewhere that bob likes doing radio.....maybe 'cause he can let his eyes twinkle there....that would be cool.... 8)


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:11 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
I read some where that Dylan was gonna have his own radio show on one of the satellite radio stations. I think either XM or Sirius. I forget which one tho...


          Top  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:45 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
agnes wrote:
i just heard bob dylan do a radio commercial advertising a song collection by various artists, and he starts off by saying, "hi, i'm bob dylan..." and it's sounded just like when arlo was doing the story about him impersonating bob dylan doing a radio commercial, so i'm saying, i think bob dylan was impersonating arlo guthrie impersonating bob dylan doing a radio commercial...i could just see a twinkle in his eyes (even though it was on the radio)...i know he knows what i'm talking about!!


Back in the '70s National Lampoon had an album out called "Radio Dinner". It had a goof on Bob doing a commercial for "The Best of Golden Protest". They also had an impersonator singing ala John Lennon ("Tragical Misery Tour"), a racist "Joan Baez" impersonator and a few other irreverent impressions. That may have been what you heard.


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group