Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:09 pm
  

User avatar
ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 09, 2007
Posts: 77
Location: Virginia
leoburg wrote:
How can anyone vote for a man who says, "100, 1000 or 10,000 more years of war"? Peace is the only battle worth fighting and the only battle which can be won.


I do believe (with a lot of hope) that my uber conservative mother would think twice before voting for someone suggesting a 100 year war. I know her heart was in the right place, she was led astray by her JBS friends. Love her dearly but at least now I know my vote is something more than counteracting her vote.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:07 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Somehow, I believe that that child of Isaiah 9:6's time will have Peace from that time on and forever, as it says. (not as the child of Isaiah 7:6 whose land ended in a curse.) I guess it seems to me, too many people are waiting for things above to fix it all.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:18 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
I guess when I say liberal, I mean left winger. It looks to me like with both parties there are folks not so keen about the choice of candidates in their party. My moms good friend & neighbor is for Obama cuz she can't stand Hillary...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:01 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Posts: 560
DRR wrote:
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
The only reason I am for McCain is that I don't care for Hillary & I am so very leery of Obama. McCain's sadly the only other one left so I was forced into it. I'll vote for anything but a liberal lol. How I wish Ron Paul or Huckabee had made it. Too bad Pat Paulens not stiil living...


Care to explain the basis for these "feelings"?

Are you voting based on feelings?

How could you want more of the same? Bush lite?

100 years in Iraq is ok with you?

Please think about this.


You probably missed my questions Cheryl...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I guess when I say liberal, I mean left winger.
But what is a left-winger? What do they believe? I really don't know what you mean and I do want to know.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:50 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
Let's face it. Ol' Mother Earth has got a terminal infestation of stupidity caused by....... well .... us! By the way, I think McCain had that up to a one thousand year war! Yee ha, Johnny! Gitter done! But not until 3008! Think he can get elected to 250 consecutive terms?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:25 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
After this video narrated by a cartoon cat, all of us may want all of them to resign. I will say this about it: The United Nations, which is a higher authority than DC has declared the invasion of Iraq illegal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Khut8xb ... =798880044
It is about 10 minutes long but worth every second.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:56 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jun 09, 2004
Posts: 1931
Location: Brisbane OZ
My daughter passes her New Scientist magazines on to me. In the 2nd Feb edition is a story called Two Tribes, Are your genes left-wing or right-wing? If you can get your hands on one it makes vveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy interesting reading. One paragraph describes the results as startling.Then goes on to say how evolution is a slow process so why would we be endowed with genes that affect issues which seem fleeting on an evolutionary scale.
A psychologist at UC Berkely is said to back the idea that inheritance can influence political attitudes, but admits the results may sound odd. He said, quote, "There is no such thing as a gene for disliking Hippies" :lol:
It goes on to say the point is, that certain genes shape personality traits, and these are linked to political opinion.

Well what the hell happened to me! My American family, on my Dad's side, going back a couple hundred years, have been all kinds of staunch Republican Legislators and town founders in several states back east and one in the West. Maybe it's my left handed gene that has made me this way? (I do everything else right handed or with both)

Get a copy if you can, it's a fun read and I have to say it reveals some truths. Of course some think this study is a liberal conspiracy!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:04 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Left wingers would be the ones like one for abortion, not allowing America to come back to God etc.. I agree with Jerry Falwell, James Kennedy and those folks etc. I don't go into a whole lot of detail about my conservative beliefs since most folks here wouldn't like them or be interested lol...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:11 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: May 25, 2001
Posts: 3074
Location: Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Cheryl... I'm not wanting to start an argument about abortion - many liberals are pro-choice, but if it were possible to prevent the NEED for abortion (by educating our young people on contraception, for example) then that is the option I think most would prefer. Do you feel the conservative right-wingers are right to prevent that education?

As for bringing god back to America, our nation was founded on religious freedom. That means that each of us is free to believe or not believe, to worship or not worship, as we see fit. Our nation should not (and this is in the Constitution, for what that's worth) promote any religion, whether it's christian, judaism, islam, hindu, buddhism, wiccan, etc, etc.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 29, 2000
Posts: 1798
Location: El Mirage, AZ
Thanks, Wyld. You, as always, were quite eloquent. I'd like to add that the "founding fathers" did not generally agree with each other, and some were atheists or agnostics.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:52 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 29, 2000
Posts: 1798
Location: El Mirage, AZ
I'd like to add something for Cheryl... please get ahold of a copy of a book called A Case of Need. It was written by Michael Crichton under a "pen name" back when abortion was illegal except for a few places in the US.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:45 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Posts: 560
DRR wrote:
DRR wrote:
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
The only reason I am for McCain is that I don't care for Hillary & I am so very leery of Obama. McCain's sadly the only other one left so I was forced into it. I'll vote for anything but a liberal lol. How I wish Ron Paul or Huckabee had made it. Too bad Pat Paulens not stiil living...


Care to explain the basis for these "feelings"?

Are you voting based on feelings?

How could you want more of the same? Bush lite?

100 years in Iraq is ok with you?

Please think about this.


You probably missed my questions Cheryl...


Update: Are you not willing to discuss this? If not, I understand. My Mother and I came to an agreement a few years ago to not talk about politics. She feels w is doing a great job. She is a great person in nearly every way, and I'm sure you are too.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:24 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jun 09, 2004
Posts: 1931
Location: Brisbane OZ
Everyones views are interesting Cheryl, that's what Democracy is about and that's why the government changes in cycles. Life would be pretty darn boring if we all thought the same eh?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:15 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
Everything is based on definition. To me, liberal is a person who loves and cares for others. Jesus was a liberal; actually, a radical liberal who exhorted us to take care of each other.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group