Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:19 am

Senior ArloNetizen

WHAT TO DO....Lone Eagle's Dilema

Lone Eagle adjusted his massive feathers and thought about his next move.
From his overview in the sky, he had seen chaos abounding. He was aware of Westley's troubles, but was not free to help until he was summoned.
"Humans!", he thought. "I have to tell them everything!"
But telling anybody anything at this point was impossible. He was bound by the laws of the Old Magic. Law number 47 specificly stated that to activly interfere in human doings, he must be summoned. Westley had summoned him once before, quite by accident, when he was trying to impress Willow's parents by slaying the dragon Tucumcari. Lone Eagle had been able to swoop down and at the last second save Westley.
Lone Eagle's mind smiled at the thought of Westley being transformed into a seagull as a result of that magic. One wrong inflection in the summoning, and....well, it's just good that Westly hadn't had the opportunity to have added one more sound, or who knows what he would have been transformed into.
Yes, eagles laugh, and Lone Eagle was laughing. For only a moment though. This matter was much too serious.
How to help Westley. More importantly, the life of the new unicorn was in danger because of Westley's own situation.
What to do? Lone Eagle remembered an ancient fairy tale character who used to use that phrase..."What To Do?"....seems like the character's name was Ar...Arl.....something...wonder if he could remember. "I'm getting old", he thought, "even for a magical eagle."
"Arlo would have known."
"THAT WAS IT!!! ARLO!! The ancient (extremely ancient)Bard Master. Lone Eagle searched his memory, trying to place what the old Bard Master had said concerning the "What To Do" dilema.

It finally came to him. In one of the few written letters from the Bard to his people, he had said something like, "stay put until notified."

Well, exhausted by all this thinking, Lone Eagle decided to do just that. Stay put. The next step would reveal itself.
Magic is like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:21 am

Arlo Fanatic

My honest desire was to win back King Agripa from the forces of evil, I was using an old trick of the shamans, calling out the evil to reveal the true personality of King Agripa,in that way he might be freed from the forces which held him. I so desired that I might return to Willow her father of old as a wedding present, alas it was not to be.

At the apex of this struggle, the demon revealed it's self, it was not King Agripa at all but a monster, it had the body of a horse with wings but it's head was not one head, rather seven heads of serpents, all twisting and turnig about, seeing this, I reached out into the void of space, crued out the name of Lone Eagle and quickly grasped the mighty blade of Nanaimo in my right hand and and swinging wide, two of the seven heads went flying, and in a moment, the chains that did bind me were broken.

Turning once more to face the foe, I was amazed to see that the room was empty except for me, I had foolishly, chopped off two of seven heads when I should have been dhopping at it's legs. This knowledge will be useful when need we meet.

Willow, my love the evil King Agripa was not your father, but evil, it's self, so now we must find out where you father is being held and free him, this is all so confused, where are you my love? are you safe? my prayers are with you and your family, beware of who you trust, for evil is afoot.

Now where is that damn eagle, he could have waited and given me a ride out of here.
What the Hell is this? Lone Eagle has turned me into a damn hobbit
I have little hobbit feet and short little hobbit legs, a little hobbit nose and oh no, it can't be, my little hobbit hands can't pick up the sword, now what?
Damn you lone eagle what kind of joke is thus?well I must remember to stay out of pubs that are having midget tossing parties,it could be worse, what if Willow should see me?
Why can't magic work right just once?

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 3 times, lastly by Nathen on Sep 22, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:55 am

Senior ArloNetizen

WESTLEY SUMMONS THE MAGIC

Unbeknownst to Westly, the loud cry he let out while attacking the serpent was enough of a call for Lone Eagle to hear.

"Well finally", the bird thought. "Why does it take humans so long to call for help?"
Without any more delay, Lone Eagle was off to assist Wesley.

Lone Eagle did wonder, though as he flew through the sky, what that extra "eeeooowww"
would cost Wesley this time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 3:53 pm

This journey was the very reason for the Charming Dragon's existance. The wise old spirits have always a plan, and this plan had been set into play long ago.

The Charming Dragon was at complete attention, feeling the burning imprints of ancient knowledge. He transformed into the embodiment of his Life's Purpose, looking composed and regal.

William too, was changed. Understanding flooded his heart and he too, remembered. Looking through his heart, he saw Willow differently.
"She would be my brother's wife", he thought with awe. "My BROTHER. Oh, my BROTHER!"
He stood taller from that moment on, as he acceped his true reality. He who had thought himself an orphan, subject to the whims of the rest of the world's wishes, now knew he was in fact, every bit a prince, as was his brother Wesley. For a brief moment, his heart nearly burst with joy.
With a soft smile, he turned to Willow and said, "Come, my sister, we must begin. We have a sword to find and deliver."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 6:18 pm

My Dearest Wesley,
I don't think I can get letters to you anymore. I don't even know where I am. But I do know wherever I am you are close by. I'll just have to write to you in this journal until I see you.

Many things have changed lately. I feel older. I'm seeing everything different, as though for the first time.
I am understanding love in a different way.
I see less of me and more of everything else.
I know now that you are in trouble. I am going to help you. Me, that Charming Dragon, and....you're brother, William.
We will not fail you my love.

Tonight I have cut all my hair and I am traveling as a man. You would laugh at the way I look.
Charming Dragon has gone back to looking like a horse for now, and I'm glad there's no beer around. When he's a horse he can get kind of stupid.
William doesn't have to change anything. He already looks like a little orphan. But, inside I think he's the happiest boy alive.
We're going to search somemore for that sword tomorrow.I'm not real sure about what that's all about but we kept getting told what to do by some magic wind.
Well, my love, I must sleep. Got lots of traveling to do tomorrow.
Goodnight.
Never give up, my love. I am by your side.
Your,
Willow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 9:57 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

THE FLIGHT OF THE HOBBIT
(OR)
"What's that ugly thing the bird's got in it's claws?"

Lone Eagle knew in his heart that this really was not the time or the place to burst out in uncontrollable laughter....however......some things just can't be helped.

For a moment he thought Wesley the Hobbit would kill him, but, he knew Wesley was smarter than that. Lone Eagle was Wesley's only ticket out of there, and the Demon could rear it's five other ugly heads at any moment.
The Eagle shook off what laughter he could and snatched the little goofey looking Wesley Hobbit up into the big sky, while Hobbit gripes filled the airwaves as they flew.

"Would you just SHUTUP!!!", Lone Eagle finally shouted. "I didn't do this to you, you did it to yourself! And may I say that you're a bit better off in this condition than you were a few minutes ago."

Wesley was miserable. Hobbit bodies are confining when one is used to pleanty of room in a body to walk around in. And the face he aquired was none too pretty either.
"Damn", he said. They had just passed some ice covered mountians in which he saw the reflection of his smoonched-in face. He realized sadly that he had taken his other face for granted. "Damn.", he said again, "I can't believe this, I was such a handsome guy. Now look at me!", he thought. "Well, I changed back to myself after I was a seagull, I hope that will happen again.I miss myself."

Miles and miles they flew. After awhile, Wesley settled into a resigned relaxation and allowed himself to do some site seeing. He had never in his life imagined that the world was this big!! And beautiful. He began to have a new apprceation for everything around him. The colors were a bit more brilliant, shapes took on new meaning. Little by little, Wesley began to understand just how lucky he was.
Thoughts of Willow seeped through his soul. He wished desperately that she could see what he was seeing right now, that she could be here, right here and they would....", his thoughts were interupted by what he saw below.
"Wait.....HEY!", he shouted. "Look down there!" Lying on the ledge of a steep mountian top was a body, and it looked to be.....
" It's Agripa! Look, Lone Eagle! Quick, stop!! STOP!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 1:57 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Queen Anna and her father, the Old Hermit, walked on for days, undisturbed. Anna took advantage of this time to brush up on some of the Old Magic. It had been so long since she really thought of it, now it seemed like meeting an old friend again.

The rules and diciplins of Magic are much simpler than people thought. Intent having much to do with the outcome. The Old Magic her father practiced was more of an art of concentration than anything. Some might even call it intense prayer.
Whatever it was, it was dear and comforting to Anna. As they walked, her father had her practice on plants, animals and anything else that might be useful. A sickly looking tree came into full bloom when they attended to it. Once, they came upon a terrible fight between some neighbors who had been warring for generations. The Old Hermit told Anna to be very still and center her thoughts on an old oak tree nearby. She stood quietly contemplating the mighty tree. Before long, she was the tree, she was standing firmly, rooted safely in the ground, becoming aware of ages of growth, seasons, life, death, and balance. She became the balance, a part of all life itself. The tree spirit greeted Anna with deep respect, acknowledging the same life force they shared. The joy Anna felt was tremendous, she could feel it flowing all through and then out her body. As a human, she would have called it breath. United with the tree though, it became so much more. It became "it all". Great calm overtook her, the wise acceptance of life in the now.

She was arroused from the great reverie by some gentle words from her father. "Come join us, Anna", he said. "All is well."
As she rejoined her bodily self, she became aware of a large group of people embracing each other, they same group who had, not but a small time ago, been at war.

Anna looked questiongly at her father.
He smiled and said," that is the power, my child. Where all good magic is birthed. The true power which is the very center. The center of love."

And on they walked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:25 am

I had a dream last night. I was wrapped in my Wesely's arms and we were flying high in the beautiful sky seeing the most exquisit lands, it seemed as if each blade of grass was an emerald, and every river was filled with dimonds. Why mustn't my dream come true? How do I know that my beloved Wesely is flying high above the trees? I am not quite sure but I do know this he is flying and for the time, he is safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 11:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

King Agripa looked up to see Bilbo and some strange looking hobbit, peering down at him, There said Bilbo, that should do the trick, Bilbo then took a gold ring from his pocket and handed it to Wesley, "Well, said Bilbo, if you are to be a hobbit then it's best you have some powers, other wise it will be difficult to deal with big people". Wesley took the ring and placed it on his finger, suddenly he started remembering all sorts of things, he had knowledge of so many things and yet it was all too confusing.....
It's a 2000 year memory ring, all thoughts are things and they float in the air, quite unseen and unseeable, but they are there none the less, with the ring you will be able to perceive these thoughtsd and the knowledge they contain, but be careful for some of it is sure to be wrong,,,but if you live to be 2000 years old you could not get any wiser....
For a moment Wesley had thought he saw Willow, but how could this be? It's the ring, silly, Bilbo thought the words and Wesley heard them.....
Turning to King Agripa, Wesley knew that the King was unaware of what had happened to his family and Kingdom, he only remembered drinking the odd tasting wine that Willow had given him....
One thing More Wesley, advised Bilbo, never remove the ring, to do so is to die...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 11:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

My dearest Willow'

How I yearn to see you again, I know you are near, but I need to hear your voice, see your silken hair and to touch your flesh to mine....

A battle grows near, but without the sword of Nanaimo, I am powerless, if you can, please find it and bring it to me.

Your Father is well and is his old self, we are with Bilbo in the land of Hobbits.

Love
Wesley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 11:39 pm

"You go first!"
"No, You!!!"
"What about Charming Dragon...he should go first!"

None of the three wanted to enter the cavern first. It was spooky, scarey looking, dark, smelly, and just plain yukky. There were strang noises coming from in there, sounds that none of the three had ever heard before, and they didn't sound good.
"We've come all this way, we've got to go inside.", said the Dragon, back into his own skin after traveling for days upon uncomfortable days in that stupid horse disguise.
"Let's just all walk in at the same time."

Willow squinted her eyes and peered around the opening. Her stance was strong, but William could see that her hands were shaking.
"Here, Willow", he said, as he stretched out his own trembling hand. "We'll go in together."
William had stopped thinking of Willow as a spoiled princess brat, he saw now, his brother's love, and felt a strong protectiveness towards her. He managed a slight smile, that didn't fool any of them, but Willow was touched at the effort.
"Thanks, William," she said.
A tiny tear dropped from her eye as she noticed William's resembelance to Wesley clearly for the first time. How she missed Wesley. How she missed her brother Seth and their friend Michael. She ached for the comfort of her mother's presence too. This one moment in time seemed to stand still as she realized how much love had surrounded her all her life. How lucky she was. She would walk in the cave boldly with the power of the love of her family surrounding her.
"I am not afraid", she said to herself.

The three very frightened beings began to walk into the cavern. It was time to find the sword.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 1:25 am

Senior ArloNetizen

TIMEWARP

The sword lay glistening on the ground near the commotion. Hundreds of grisley looking demon types, meandering erriely about, the tanned young surfer continued to just stand there in a state of shock.
"What the hell....?" His eyes were seeing, but his mind wasn't believing.
He had been aware of a bad wipeout only moments before, being sucked into the undertow, his lungs about to burst. Chaos in his ears as the pressure of tons and tons of sea water pounded on top of him. Slung about in every which way by the surf. Deeper and deeper he had felt himself tunnelling, until he no longer felt anything. The next moment, THIS.
Surely not. Surely this wasn't real.
"Dude! Whadya get yourself into this time!", he thought. "What a dream!"
He decided that he must be dreaming, and the the outrageous surf must also have been a dream. This hidious sight was just another part of it.
He wondered if someone had slipped something into the nutritional bar he had eaten a few hours before. He just stood there, taking it all in. The fire, the ugly monster looking things, the bloody looking heads of SOMETHING on the floor...and what the hell was THAT???? He was gazing straight into five pairs of flaming eyes set in the heads of some very grusome looking mutant thing.

That was about the time the demons spotted him. A huge roar erupted in the cavern, and the surfer dude was being rushed by.....
"No, this can't be. It's a dream. I'm gonna think about Costa Rica, and change the flavor of this damn ugly dream!", he thought.
Too late. The demons were upon him. Quickly they seized and bound him with some rank smelling sinuey cord. It didn't feel like a dream anymore. It didn't smell like a dream, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 3:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

...slipping in and out between the rocks he (the surfer dude) glimpsed something in the shadows darting in and out and moving closer to him. then with a great jerk his leg was pulled at and he was bouncing along through the cavern being drug by his right leg, then with great centrifugal force he was spun round and his muscular tan surfer body slammed into one of the great beasts knocking it aside and into the others causing great confusion amongst them. greatly afeard of this magnificent athletic achievement by a mere mortal man frightened and confused them as they ran off with there arms high in the air as if fending off further assaults. surfer dude focusing on his leg still in the grasp of what his eyes focused on to be a 5 inch dragon with very muscular arms and tiny wings folded on her back. she let loose and darted away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 5:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Meanwhile, Quizzled Cat had snuck over here from another story thread to see what he could learn about the case he was working on, but he found the goings on so very strange and not related to his case, so he swiftly returned to his own thread......

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Larry on Sep 27, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 10:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wesley, turned to Bilbo, deep in thought, he at last spoke, Bilbo, I think you might be right, life as a Hobbit might be better for me, but it means saying goodbye to my old life and all that was before.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.