Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Posts: 393
Location: Austin
Captain Zap wrote:
What's this thread about, anyway? I forgot.


Wasn't it Potato Pancakes? My mind started wandering a little after Ceashel's yummy post! :D


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:21 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 8360
i like latkes made with chopped spring onions
and fried to a crisp as well


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:47 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
Larry wrote:
Speaking strickly as a lesbian trapped in a mans body......I think so? :? :D


I just wanted to point out that Larry said this and he has ruby slippers!


OK then, come on Cheryl, I know you need to vent some frustration and you were messin with me so, I got my boxin' hands up and I am dancin like a white boy Atheist Muhammad Ali (talk about heritage, I got a 1 inch vertical dude), I got my boxin' hands up and I am dancin' so poke me one in the nose Cheryl (Larry and Arnie, I don't care how enticing this offer is you stay back, my boy Leo coverin' me and he is a bulldog). Take it Cheryl, I aint going to be easy but you got a shot. Leave all my good bits alone (don't be goin' south of the belt as I want to keep all that stuff functional as long as possible) but if it will make you feel better take a shot at my nose (I ain't so pretty as that Ali fellow so you can wack me one if you can get it in there). I am dancin', I am a white boy dancin' and I aint had no beer so you got a shot!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:21 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 21, 2006
Posts: 179
Location: South Jersey
I know there are a few lesbians in our parish. But I don't know if they can cook.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:56 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Was it Jethro Tull sang these words, "If Jesus can save, he better save himself from the gory glory speekers... "Hows the rest of it go?


Last edited by leoburg on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:57 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
I think I might be a lesbian ..... except that I'm a guy. Does that disqualify me?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:23 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
Captain Zap wrote:
I think I might be a lesbian ..... except that I'm a guy. Does that disqualify me?


You aint no lesbian! Larry maybe, not you, come on dude!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 2010
Location: Left-of-center
PSBeaty wrote:
Captain Zap wrote:
I think I might be a lesbian ..... except that I'm a guy. Does that disqualify me?

You aint no lesbian! Larry maybe, not you, come on dude!


Maybe you're right. It's the beard, isn't it? Yeah, that's a dead giveaway!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:31 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1883
Location: Wantagh, NY
Diane mc wrote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but as you sort of said, Arnie, it would seem to me that for a lot of jews being Jewish is more of a heritage than a religion. Religion being one's relationship with God and heritage being a relationship with people.



well, i think for a lot of jews, it is as MUCH about heritage as it is religion. They go hand in hand... the more devout the community (take one of the chasidic/orthodox communities in brooklyn for example) the more the emphasis of religion within the community (and generally the less diverse the community as a whole). The more 'reform', the more diverse, and the more the reliance on cultural/heritage influences and the less on the religious.
But it sits there as an unseen undercurrent...

i'm sure this works for other groups, such as those southern baptists all goin' to hell with their chewing gum...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:55 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1778
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
I'd rather be a Native American if I had my pick. They could teach a 2 or thing to the Jews. We steal their land, and they have tried still to get along with US.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:29 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
leoburg wrote:
I'd rather be a Native American if I had my pick. They could teach a 2 or thing to the Jews...


And then, the Mormons think the American Indians/Native Americans are a subset of Jews, so in that context, they would be teaching themselves. (Of course, the Mormons don't have agreement from either group in question.)

Recently I have met young self-professed Southern Baptists who drink A LOT and laugh knowingly at pot jokes. Single ones who do IT. They're not real Baptists, IMHO. A real Baptist condemns everything that's pleasurable or fun, a priori. And people wonder why I call myself a seeker, not a believer. (There's more to it than that, but there wouldn't have to be.)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:57 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
OK, OK, the pressure is too much--I will reveal my true belief. I am a member of the Red Spot Cult, an offshoot of the Pizzafarians. The Great Red Spot, Red Spot Jr., and the Baby Red Spot bear an uncanny resemblance to pizza and certainly are a trinity (not to be confused without our own beloved, if absent of late, Trinity). It's somewhat distressing that Pappa recently ate Baby Red spot, but Junior is soldiering on. Check it out:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 134854.htm

With (sort of) apologies to Sherry, Deb, and Pat


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:13 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Pigs feet! Yum, you're making me hungry... :) At the pentecostal tent revival meeting with the Jewish preacher they sounded the Shofar horn & had Jewish dancers dance. That was neat...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:26 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 18, 2004
Posts: 2251
Ceashel wrote:
OK, OK, the pressure is too much--I will reveal my true belief. I am a member of the Red Spot Cult, an offshoot of the Pizzafarians. The Great Red Spot, Red Spot Jr., and the Baby Red Spot bear an uncanny resemblance to pizza and certainly are a trinity (not to be confused without our own beloved, if absent of late, Trinity). It's somewhat distressing that Pappa recently ate Baby Red spot, but Junior is soldiering on. Check it out:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 134854.htm

With (sort of) apologies to Sherry, Deb, and Pat


I don't know, they look strangely like the Red Eye of Knowledge above the pyramid in the Great Seal of the United States.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:20 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Posts: 393
Location: Austin
Cheryl Harrell wrote:
Pigs feet! Yum, you're making me hungry... :) At the pentecostal tent revival meeting with the Jewish preacher they sounded the Shofar horn & had Jewish dancers dance. That was neat...


The Shofar is pretty cool. Hubby & I saw a woman with one in a park once. Hubby..ever the funny man....speculated that maybe she had a stash of Ricola she was trying to unload :roll: "Sorry, Love...different kind of horn"

My JB explained about the Shofar and what the woman was likely doing.

I was glad we decided to stop and check the park out that day. You can learn something when stopping to smell the roses!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group