Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 8:07 pm
  

Tomorrow I am going with father to my home land. I do not want to go for I shall leave this far land and the people of it....

My father and mother would like me to have an escort on the ship even though mother is traviling with me. He fears she will not know her way around the ship.

So tonight for the last time in my life I shall go to the beach and wach the sun set. I know that the moon will be full so I shall walk home when it is dark.

I know you will be there at the ship to wave me off, how I know this I can not explane, but I know my love, that you will be there... I will not loose hope.
forever yours,
willow


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 9:08 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 1386
Location: usa
Lone Eagle I have a problem.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Nathen on Aug 24, 2000 ---</FONT></center>


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 9:15 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 1386
Location: usa
My Dearest Willow;

I sought to gain honor with your parents by doing battle with the dragon known as Tucumcari, which as you may know has been burning the local farms and homes of the forest people. It was the magi, Lone Eagle, that spoke to me in a dream and revealed where I might find the cave of Tucum.

I had also been shown the location of the sword of Nanaimo, as you know it was he who killed the dragon Phoenix, one hundred years before. It was with no little fear that I took the sword and as Nanaimo had done before me, I stood at the cave mouth and called out to Tucumcari to show me his breath of fire that I might sly him.....alas I knew not, nor could I have known that Tucumcari was not in the cave but was returning home at that very moment....and alas without the shield of Narciscus, I could not endure the flames......It was then that Lone Eagle turned me into a gull of the sea, and I flew at once to a safe distance, droping the sword of Nanaimo into the mouth of Tucumcari as I passed over him, Yes my love, I did sly the dragon, but I do have one little problem.

You see, I seem to be a Sea Gull at the moment, and it is as such that I shall see you off tomorrow and follow you as your father's great ship sails you once more to your homelnd, and it is, as such, shall you see me during your morning walks until I can locate Lone Eagle and find a way to return to my old self...

I have no idea if I am getting closer to you or futher away, please wait for me my love and I shall be yours forevermore...

Your very devoted,,,,,ahhh I guess Sea Gull for now, I had to type this using the hunt and peck style, boy is that ever hard on the beak.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 9:39 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 1386
Location: usa
Dearest Willow;

I have located Lone Eagle and he has once more changed me into a man, however upon my right forearm is the brand of a DRAGON, could it be because I did sly Tucumcari?

I am in a strange land with mountains covered with snow, I must make my way to the sea and then once more homeward and into your arms.

Which way must I now travel, and how will I ever get these letters to you? Will you still love me once I return or will your father have sent you to a convent? Heck I might even get home to find you married to some prince, I certainly hope not.

Lone Eagle is calling me to his side, he is in something called a ballon, I wonder what new adventure awaits me now?

Willow, it may be a dragon branded to my arm, but in my heart there is only you.

Your faithful servent


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 1:33 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 29, 2001
Posts: 367
Location: Morehead City, North Carolina, USA
Dear Brother Michael,
The Abby is humming with excitement these days. The King is to visit soon. We haven't been told yet the reason for his calling, but I have heard parts of conversations spoken in whispers, coming from the Abbotts room. There is something very odd going on, and,Lord forgive me for saying this, but I'm sure I can feel bits of the Old Magic floating about. Just yesterday at Matins I could have sworn I heard the rushing of the sea. A certian warmth came upon me, the scent of salt in my nostrils. I dared not make a move, fearing one of the brothers would notice and question me. I know not why the Old Magic seeks me out, it is at once a burden and a joy. My heart aches for my homeland and the familiar voices of my people. The free laughter that can only come from those who fly with the winged creatures. The song that can only be sung in the mergence with the wind. And the faces of my family. How I miss them. I have suffered greatly, missing the company of my dear sister. We who were together even in our mother's womb, now torn apart. Have you any word of her, Michael? I call out to her in the silence, hoping somehow she will hear me and know that it was not I who betrayed her. Oh, that someone could speak to her and tell her that I did suceed in hiding her beloved from the soldiers! The Old Magic helped me, cloaking us both in a deep mist until the danger was past. I sent him away on my own favorite mount with provisions enough to last for a goodly long time. Forever I shall remember his eyes. The sight of them in my memory haunts me. Something...something I feel I should remember. It was as though I'd known those eyes before. But how could that be? I pray that he too, is well. And that he will find the land where my father has hidden her. And then she will know it was not I who spoke of her secret to our father. Not I. She will know the truth.
The bells ring. I must go. I am forever grateful to you, Brother Michael, for aiding me with your wisdom and kindness in this dark time. I can only hope that the King's visit comes because of a change of heart.

With the Deepest Gratitude,
S


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 11:33 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 1386
Location: usa
Dearest Willow

Oh how I yearn for word from you, we gently flooded over an Abby today when the wind carried a strange letter into the baloon, I am enclosing it with this one.

For ten days have we floated with the wind, for ten days have we traveled towards I know not what, Lone Eagle comes and goes but I am a prisoner of the sky.

I see a forest ahead and I feel the journey is about to end there's a rush of sound and


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 2:32 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 29, 2001
Posts: 367
Location: Morehead City, North Carolina, USA
My Dear Friend S,
It's been many a month since I've had any word from you. I am concerned for your safty. The Kings men have been terrorizing the forest people mercilessly.He is convinced that we are hiding the outlaw. Though he left us long ago, I am beginning to fear for the safty of all of us. There is no reconing with the King. I pray our friend indeed discovers where our dear one has been hidden. Your mother still knows nothing of the trechery, she will be grief stricken when she finds out she has been but a tool in this evil.
What a high price we pay for love!
Lately, I have entertained memories of our sweet childhood, the three of us with bursting hearts of joy. What a comfort those memories are to me. I hold true to the vow we made to each other. I repeat the sacred words every day as I know you and she do also. All these years of contemplation, here alone in the desert, have led me to see that the Creator of the Old Magic is the same Creator of all. The deep strength of this knowledge is a magic all it's own!
Be watchful, my old friend. I am sad to say that I've heard that all is not as it seems there at the Abby.
Peace Be With You.
Brother Michael


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 7:54 pm
  

Dear Seth, Brother of my Heart,
The words our Father spoke to me of your part in my bannisment have never had the ring of truth, though those same words have crippled the joy in my heart. My inner knowing of you, your truth speeking, and our vow, makes me think, that you could never do such a thing to me, yet I am here, am I not? Who's wish is it for me to be away from the land of our childhood, the pattern of wich is burned deeply in my memorey? Who did speek the words of betrayel? And Why?
Today as I stood by my beloved willow tree, my feelings were reflected into it and I saw that it was indeed a weeping willow, the tree and I are the same.
My brother, I choose to believe that you took no part in this evil that has come against me. How I wish I could ask you all the things I need to know. Perhaps Brother Micheal will be allowed to visit. I have asked mother for this, she has not said yes, but neither has she refused.
I am sending this letter by our trusted friend Lady Claire. She still lives in hope that Michael will one day return to her. Her heartache for Brother Michael is just as strong as mine for my beloved. May both our hearts feel joy again. And for you, brother, my wish is the same.
I leave you with the words we spoke a long time ago, and every day since, I will not speek them aloud, because you know them as well as I. Please go to the old willow and speek your heart from there. Perhaps the Old Magic will remember the vow we spoke under its young branches and will help us once again.
Forever you are great of my heart,as when the world was young,
Willow


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 10:49 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 29, 2001
Posts: 367
Location: Morehead City, North Carolina, USA
Dear and faithful Tora,
I sit at the stern of this ship, regretting the words I left unsaid to you. You have been a fathful servant and more than that, a trusted friend for all these years. You have never told me an untruth, so why did I disbelieve you when you warned of trickery and begged me to flee with young Willow? I suppose the truth you were trying to convey to me, shattered the illusion I have allowed myself to create for myself. Even now, my mind trys to fool me, but my heart knows better. You, of course were right.
We were wisked away quickly, onto the ship, given no time to say farewells. My belief was that my husband had finally softened, and we were going home. Had I more time to think this through, I might have wondered a little more at the words of the messenger. But the crew was swift and efficient. It wasn't till the next day did I realize the direction of the setting sun....and my heart tore apart as I understood. We are not going home. We are headed in a direction unknown to me, and I am afraid. Our Willow has asked no questions, nor do I expect her to. Her delightful curiosity which had always kept her chattering, is gone. Her very spirit is suffering, and I hear her mumbling something, over and over. The words she says are not clear to me, I long ask her what it is she's saying, but I dare not. In my bones I already feel the words, the delicate calling of the Old Magic. Many years have gone by since I agreed to turn my back on the beliefs of my childhood. How could I have known that in doing so I turned away from the truth of my people. I can only be thankful that Willow carries the rememberance.
My misplaced trust in the ways of my husband has caused this sorrow. Until now, I never fully realized that his life is consumed with one passion only...his position as King.
I know not what the future holds. I pray for rescue, though how, I cannot begin to imagine. The ship's crew have spoken of sailing into a port within the next few days, to stock provisions. If this proves to be true, I plan to offer my jewelry to one of the crew (who seems to be more gentle than the rest) in exchange for getting this letter to you. Please make search for the beloved of my daughter. Tell him what has happened. He will find a way to reach us, of that I am sure.
My mother was wise to have sent you with me when I left my home to be married to the King. She loved you so. As do I.


Anna


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2000 11:51 am
  

Willow,

My dear, how sorry I am for you and your Mother, I have spoken to Gypsy Traveller and he advises me that your true love is in Kurtistand as a guest of King Galup, hopefully he will be able to find you and your Mother.

I must send this at once, it may be a few days before he gets the message so fear not if the reply is slow in coming.

all my love
Lady Yvonne


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2000 5:07 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 29, 2001
Posts: 367
Location: Morehead City, North Carolina, USA
Bethany, I am risking my very life by trying to send you this message. I will kep it short.
I am weakened here, in this enclosement. They hold me with chains. Very little of our magic is available to me now. You must be the one to step in. Find the boy. Help him.
I must go. They are coming


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 12:05 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 1386
Location: usa
Willow my love,

I am with Nasrudin that old muller and he will be traveling with to Wales, I shall seek for your where abouts there

My love is yours as always


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 2:39 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 29, 2001
Posts: 367
Location: Morehead City, North Carolina, USA
Dear Lady Yvonne, my sister and friend,
I have not heard from our captured sister in too long. Today the very core of my heart shuddered, I am sure something is very wrong. We must see what we can do.
I will journey through the sight water this very evening. It could be that the boy is in trouble. His face has been passing across my mind's eye lately. He surely must be a grown man now. It may be time to honor our promise to his mother.
Blessins of the old and new to you always,
Bethany


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 6:02 pm
  

My dearest,
The land that I am now in as very beautiful but it is not home, I haven't seen one willow, the source of my power, I know that I am not suposed to even use the Old Magic but I do find it nice to have the power to know if you are safe.

I was exploring for the first time in this new place, when I saw the most beautiful and charming dragon. This dragon did not attempt to harm me it just offered any gold I may want that he sleeps on. I know that if a dragon doesn't sleep on gold his scales will fall like rain until they are all gone, but I know that dragons also have a short temper so I took one pece of gold and put it in my coin bag. As soon as I put the gold coin in my coin bag the dragon said I was to run to where I was staying, plant the coin in my favorite place and then water it. I did what he said just because I didn't want to upset him. I found that where I planted the coin, there is now a small plant that seems to be growing at a rapid pace... It is a wonderful site, and I do belevie that it is a willow.
I now know that not all dragons are bad.
with all my love,
Willow


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 3:09 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 12, 2000
Posts: 1386
Location: usa
Dear Willow

I Wesley of common birth, a man of prinipal who has taken up the sword to defend the commoners from your father's tax collectors, do hereby declare my love for you.

I am currently in the highlands, dwelling with others of like mind, but I shall some day come for you and together we shall prove a lie the myth that commoners and royality can not marry.

Your True Love
Wesley


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group